Corsair Community

Does Corsair update BIOS for A200? It is 2 generations behind already.

vett93

The motherboard vendor for Corsair One Pro A200 has released two updates since Corsair's C1.34 BIOS release. Anyone knows if Corsair keeps up with the software updates from their vendors? I look up the Software section of Corsair website for A200. The software releases for __all__ components are out of date. One can update these software without Corsair, except the BIOS.

It would be good if Corsair can update the BIOS promptly, as it is about 5 months behind already. For a $5,000 computer, customers deserve better support. 

• Corsair Employees

Hi @vett93

Corsair does use a custom BIOS for all of our Corsair ONE systems.
As such there will always be a slight delay after the release of the first party BIOS versions and our customised variants of those.

I'm currently liaising with the development team to obtain the current status of these BIOS versions.

~ Mordred

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

Hi @vett93

The latest BIOS versions for this product have now been updated to the Downloads section of the a200 pages.

This should cover all variants.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-ONE/CORSAIR-ONE-Compact-Gaming-PC/p/CS-9020021-NA#tab-downloads

Apologies for the oversight!

~ Mordred

Thanks, Mordred. Can you please provide instructions for the A200 BIOS update? Thank you.

Edited by vett93

Never mind. I went to your motherboard vendor website and found their instruction for BIOS update. I followed the instruction, and the update is successful!

• 6 months later...
On 1/11/2022 at 10:50 AM, Corsair Mordred said:

Hi @vett93

The latest BIOS versions for this product have now been updated to the Downloads section of the a200 pages.

This should cover all variants.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Systems/CORSAIR-ONE/CORSAIR-ONE-Compact-Gaming-PC/p/CS-9020021-NA#tab-downloads

Apologies for the oversight!

~ Mordred

I downloaded the BIOS. It's just a binary file. Struggled to figure out how to flash it. iCue wouldn't do it. Saw on this thread I had to download a tool from AMI. Did so. It worked well except it destroyed the BIOS in the process. Computer is bricked.  I can't believe that you're posting these BIOS files without any kind of readme or instruction.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:17 PM, vett93 said:

Never mind. I went to your motherboard vendor website and found their instruction for BIOS update. I followed the instruction, and the update is successful!

Did so too and it destroyed my a200. My advice to other hopefuls is to NOT do what worked for you. 

Corsair hasn't released a Bios update at all for the i300.  It's already 6 possibly 7 by now generations behind of MSI's releases.  Did you guys get that letter with your Corsair One's talking about how they appreciate your business.  Yea, that was bull****.  We've been asking for updates since release.  Garbage...