Corsair Community

LL120 fans, blocked or wrong colors

1C3E4E1D-2412-4635-B22A-8CCE0066F8BD.thumb.jpeg.444ecefa9aee7802831056e5ad17f826.jpegEvery time I start this happens, after several times I turn off by removing the plug from the PC and put it back, after a couple of times it starts, but I can't waste 20 minutes each time to start the lights ... .. I hope you can help me because I don't know what to do anymore. I tried to change all the fans but nothing. I tried with a node pro it is a light core but nothing. I tried to remove Armory create but nothing. I tried to format the pc but nothing. I tried to start the pc without icue but nothing. I don't know what to do anymore….

6347097E-AD28-42C8-8E72-71688243CFCB.gif

i wonder if it's not another case of dead LED due to overheating on white lighting ^^'

That would explain why it recovers when you turn it off longer. White light draws a lot of current and heats up the LEDs in the fan. it can kill them in a few months only, sometimes.

Since it's intermittent, maybe try to lower the brightness a lot (like 1/3 or less) and see if they all stay white.

You also have to know that all the fans are ran in daisy chain. If one fan has a defect, all the fans after it in the chain will fail too.

Lighting data is sent from the controller to fan 1, then from fan 1 to fan 2 etc...

If the problem remains, you can try (with the PC off) to plug the fans RGB in a different order, moving that middle fan to the end of the chain and see if the bottom one now works OK when you turn the PC on.

37 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

mi chiedo se non sia un altro caso di LED spento a causa del surriscaldamento dell'illuminazione bianca ^^'

Questo spiegherebbe perché si ripristina quando lo spegni più a lungo. La luce bianca assorbe molta corrente e riscalda i LED nella ventola. può ucciderli solo in pochi mesi, a volte.

Dal momento che è intermittente, forse prova ad abbassare molto la luminosità (come 1/3 o meno) e vedi se rimangono tutti bianchi.

Devi anche sapere che tutti i fan sono collegati a margherita. Se una ventola ha un difetto, anche tutte le ventole successive nella catena si guastano.

I dati di illuminazione vengono inviati dal controller alla ventola 1, quindi dalla ventola 1 alla ventola 2 ecc...

Se il problema persiste, puoi provare (a PC spento) a collegare le ventole RGB in un ordine diverso, spostando quella centrale alla fine della catena e vedere se quella inferiore ora funziona correttamente quando accendi il PC.

I changed all the fans and the node about 1 month ago and the problems are the same.
Order in which the problem occurs:
 - I turn off the pc
 - The next day I turn it on, the fans start with rainbow hardware lighting without any problems.
 - When you get to the screen where you load the Windows user, fans 2 to 6 start to have problems.
 - I turn off the pc by disconnecting the power and wait 30 seconds
 - I turn on the pc again, does the hardware lighting without problem, arrived at Windows or they start normal or they freeze, if they freeze again I go to the icue setting where I check the number of fans, put no fan or reduce the number to 5 and the fan confirmation colors appear, from here then I put the normal profile back, if it still gives problems I repeat until everything goes.

2 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

i wonder if it's not another case of dead LED due to overheating on white lighting ^^'

That would explain why it recovers when you turn it off longer. White light draws a lot of current and heats up the LEDs in the fan. it can kill them in a few months only, sometimes.

Since it's intermittent, maybe try to lower the brightness a lot (like 1/3 or less) and see if they all stay white.

You also have to know that all the fans are ran in daisy chain. If one fan has a defect, all the fans after it in the chain will fail too.

Lighting data is sent from the controller to fan 1, then from fan 1 to fan 2 etc...

If the problem remains, you can try (with the PC off) to plug the fans RGB in a different order, moving that middle fan to the end of the chain and see if the bottom one now works OK when you turn the PC on.

I don't know if it is relevant, but putting all the fans in white, I noticed that there fans 1/2 have a "white" tending towards blue, while the other 3/4/5/6 have a different white, like ice . Little is noticeable from the photo but there is a difference. Now I tried to set icue with only 4 fans, physically and software removing the first 2.

2 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

08ACF680-5EEE-4D04-9922-54CBF271224C.jpeg