Corsair Community

Monitoring and managing PSUs

Yanta0205

The only PSU on the market locally that supports the USB interface for monitoring and managing PSUs is the AX1600i which as much as  $930.

So, with most of the models having dropped this support, how does one monitor fans speeds and temps, and set fan curves for the PSUs these days?

RM1000i

2 hours ago, Conver said:

RM1000i

Aww, shucks. I did say "most" 🙂

Actually, I was hoping that there might be a 1200W or better 'i' PSU available. I'm using the HX1200i at present and would rather not go backwards.

But that aside, let's say the 'i' versions no longer exist. How does one manage the temps/fans without that link? I can't see anything in iCue that does it.

And before someone asks "why would you want to monitor/manage your PSU?", I live in a place with no internal heating/cooling where temps could be 5c one day and 45c the next.

Edited by Yanta0205

well the PSU manages it perfectly well on its own so it's mostly a monitoring tool rather than a cooling necessity.

even in summer heatwaves with room temperature over 41°C i have never heard my HX1200i run the fan. It's just not hot enough to need it even under load.

You paid a premium price for a PSU with high efficiency that generates less heat than others, so you may as well enjoy the silence it allows 😉

in 1200W, i believe there's only the HX1200i now.

Apart from the RM1000i mentioned above the only other one I can find is the AX1600i which is A$800. The hx1200 no longer supports link.

Mine is almost out of warranty and I don't keep things once they run out. With supply shortages and high prices, if it fails I'm dead for at least a week.

Well, I'll guess I look into other brands, but I'm guessing no others have any sort of digital link.