Corsair Community

iCUE no longer detects a single fan

FucSh1a

I recently bought a 7000x RGB case which came with the commander core XT and some fans. Installed iCUE and everything was fine (RGB and fan speed), until today when I booted up my pc. When iCUE turns on, one of my fan turns off. The other fans are all completely fine. The RGB is working completely fine however. When I shut off the iCUE software, the fan starts running again. When I checked inside the commander core XT tab in iCUE, 1 of the fans is missing in the cooler tab.

I've looked around and tried the fresh reinstall, repairing iCUE, I've moved the fan ports on the commander core, tried the force install on iCUE. 

Is there anything else I can do? Thank you.

iCUE 1.jpeg

iCUE 2.jpeg

The Commander Core/XT controllers use an auto-detect system for both PWM and RGB. While you can force it to re-run the RGB detection, the PWM header reset is a bit more intrusive. It typically requires a power cycle (full shutdown and then power on). Start with that and see if the fan is re-detected. If not, power off again and move it to #5. Hot plugging fans into the PWM ports when it’s on also can get you trapped in this situation. 

Did exactly those. I did a full shut down, as well as changing it again after powering it off again. Still didn't work. Also would like to mention that I never changed any plugs into PWM ports at all which caused this. I literally just turned off my computer to go to bed and then woke up into this situation. 

8 hours ago, FucSh1a said:

Also would like to mention that I never changed any plugs into PWM ports at all which caused this.

That was a cautionary warning, not an accusation. A normal person would immediately disconnect the fan while the PC is running and connect to a different header on the Com Core to test it. With that controller, it will have deactivated the other ports at boot, so nothing will happen and send you down the wrong troubleshooting path. 

You want to determine whether there is a problem with the controller or the fan. A simple kink in the tach or PWM wire could cause it to miss the fan on start up if the signal is intermittent. Move the #2 fan to another port to test the fan and move a working fan (like #1) to port 2 to test that. You need to figure out if you need to ask Corsair Support for a new fan or a new controller. 

1 hour ago, c-attack said:

That was a cautionary warning, not an accusation. A normal person would immediately disconnect the fan while the PC is running and connect to a different header on the Com Core to test it. With that controller, it will have deactivated the other ports at boot, so nothing will happen and send you down the wrong troubleshooting path. 

Apologies if I sounded angry, was letting you know in case it provided more information. Never did consider reconnecting it when the pc was on haha. 

I have asked Corsair Support though but in the meantime, I'll try that option out. Thank you

I suspect you will need Support, however narrowing it down to either fan or controller ahead of time may say you some back and forth.  

I had something similar with my 7000x case, only my issue happened to be the RGB wasnt working. I unplugged the fan and reconnected it and it hasnt had an issue since. I chalked it up to a kink in the wire.