Corsair Community

Flashing red and 0 RPM pump. Corsair Hydro Series H110i Pro.

So basically, I've had this cooler for an approximate of 15 days, a week after installing it I bought a stick of RAM and went on to install it, and after finishing said process the pump started flashing red and the fans sped up to 100%, plus the cooler wasn't being identified on the BIOS, after some troubleshooting the problem seemed to fix itself, until this mornin when I decided to turn on my PC and hear the fans speeding up and see the red flashing again, quickly checking on the iCUE program I could see the pump is registering 0 RPM, any help?

Edited by Alejololer

This is CUE warning you about a pump failure. If you see the CPU temp skipping upwards at a rapid rate (50..55…65..75..etc), then there is a problem and the threat real. However, we occasionally see some users experience this for a split second on boot (triggering the warning), but then normal operation immediately resumes and no cpu temp consequences. The warning notification may remain in cue until dismissed. 

The H100i Pro gets its power from the SATA connector to PSU. If there is a problem there, anything else on that line should also be affected (SSDs, HDDs, lighting controllers). 

Both my SSDs are still fully functional and the CUE warning prolongs indefinitely after booting (already tested leaving it on for a while), I also saw the CPU temps skyrocketing to dangerous levels (90°C+), and the coolant going up to 60°C+. So my only guess is the pump is defective, I already uninstalled it and will see how things turn out over at where I bought it. Much appreciate the help.

That seems like sufficient evidence to replace it. If it’s not the SATA cable, then the power problem is likely internal.