Corsair Community

Commander XT incompatible with RTX 3070?

Linition

So first of all, it only detects 2 out of the 3 fans of my GPU.

Second, it shows a "temp #1" which correlates with the temp values of the GPU die in Precision X1, and then there's a "temp #2" which shows temperatures that correlate with nothing in Precision X1. 

I found the issue, according to HWiNFO it's the hotspot.
It also doesn't detect the 3rd fan but Precision X1 does and all 3 fans work fine with the exception that the first 2 fans spin up much more slowly.
Is that a software compatibility issue?
I will also have to ask EVGA.

Edited by Linition

There are a few of these floating around.

1) CUE 4.18 expanded to the GPU temp monitoring and we just got the extra metrics.  What is displayed will depend on your GPU series and to some extent brand.  #1 is the GPU diode temp we all think of as "GPU temp".  2 and 3 are likely the 'hotspot' temp and possibly VRAM.  EVGA cards tend to have a lot of extra sensors depending on model.  Three is the CUE limit, but you should be able to see the rest in Precision X1.  Some EVGA cards have 9.  Possible it shows only the highest value from the lot, but it should match HWiNFO.  I don't have an EVGA 3000 series to figure it out, but hopefully they can elaborate.

2) CUE will only show 2 GPU fans regardless of number.  For many cards, that's all there is anyway.  3 fans, but only 2 controllers with the 3rd fan on a circuit board splitter with #2.  This makes manufacturing easier for GPU makers with various 2/3 fan length models.  However, now we are starting to see some GPUs with 3 independent fan controls because they use some 'different' fan rotation mechanics as part of their cooling.  Some make the middle fan go in reverse.  Others use variable speeds between the fans or directly relate the fan speed to a specific part of the board (memory, VRM, etc.).  CUE has not added support for more than 2 fans as of yet.  Either way, if you have an EVGA GPU, the most detailed information is always going to be found in their app (precision X1).

Edited by c-attack

12 hours ago, c-attack said:

There are a few of these floating around.

1) CUE 4.18 expanded to the GPU temp monitoring and we just got the extra metrics.  What is displayed will depend on your GPU series and to some extent brand.  #1 is the GPU diode temp we all think of as "GPU temp".  2 and 3 are likely the 'hotspot' temp and possibly VRAM.  EVGA cards tend to have a lot of extra sensors depending on model.  Three is the CUE limit, but you should be able to see the rest in Precision X1.  Some EVGA cards have 9.  Possible it shows only the highest value from the lot, but it should match HWiNFO.  I don't have an EVGA 3000 series to figure it out, but hopefully they can elaborate.

2) CUE will only show 2 GPU fans regardless of number.  For many cards, that's all there is anyway.  3 fans, but only 2 controllers with the 3rd fan on a circuit board splitter with #2.  This makes manufacturing easier for GPU makers with various 2/3 fan length models.  However, now we are starting to see some GPUs with 3 independent fan controls because they use some 'different' fan rotation mechanics as part of their cooling.  Some make the middle fan go in reverse.  Others use variable speeds between the fans or directly relate the fan speed to a specific part of the board (memory, VRM, etc.).  CUE has not added support for more than 2 fans as of yet.  Either way, if you have an EVGA GPU, the most detailed information is always going to be found in their app (precision X1).

Ok well seems to be a PX1 issue then. Surprised they didn't add hotspot temps.
What confuses me is that I have 3 individually addressable fans. RPM sensor and RPM control work for each individually in PX1, so how come it doesn't in other apps?

I think the app makers have to catch up. This used to come up a lot when we first started to see 3 fan longer models, but when you go into the GPU software it still shows just two because of shared fan control. It never really mattered anyway because all the fans run the same speed. It’s only this current generation of GPUs that has lots of three fans models, with independent controls, and deliberate speed differences between the fans. I am not sure if that is a marketing fad or if it is a genuine advance, but not all models do this and I suppose the demand for monitoring outside the usual gpu software we all use has not quite formed. I am a bit surprised we did not get the third fan along with the new gpu sensor data. 

• Like 1