Corsair Community

Really defective Value Select 3200 RAM

My system:

DFI LanParty Ultra B

Athlon XP 2500+ Mobile @ 2.1GHz (200MHz x 10.5 multi)

PNY GeForce 6800GT

WD 74GB Raptor

Second system:

FIC Socket A mobo

Athlon 1GHz (100MHz x 10x)

GeForce 4 4200TI

My RAM:

1x Corsair VS512MB400C3 (820-052046-0-012188)

(I just made a similar post with the same system, but this is different RAM that exhibits the same issues in another system)

I've updated my bios to the latest from DFI's website. I've run memtest86 with settings set to 200MHz 2.5-3-3-3-8 Optimal, 2.65 volts. The RAM will not pass any test w/o thousands of errors. This is the same result in either system. My system will run XMS 3200C2 512MB w/o error. The second system will run some crappy 256MB PC2100 RAM w/o error.

This stick fails no matter what we try, I think I need an RMA.

Thanks Wired & RAMGuy.

I dropped the multi down to 8x, and ran the RAM at 1.75V with the same problems. As soon as I started memtest86 I'd start getting errors by the thousands. I have a stick of XMS PC3200C2 that runs w/o errors in this system.

I apologize for the apparent double post. As they were different sticks of RAM, I thought I should have different threads on them.

• Corsair Employees

Oops, :o: Sorry I missed that. Guess I need more Caffeine.

Yes you are correct then, but is this the same MB? Or you have 2 systems?

Please test the modules one at a time and let’s make sure its not just one that is failing.

Oops, :o: Sorry I missed that. Guess I need more Caffeine.

Yes you are correct then, but is this the same MB? Or you have 2 systems?

Please test the modules one at a time and let’s make sure its not just one that is failing.

Oh ya, sorry for not being clear. Whenever I've run the memtest86 tests its been with one 1 stick of RAM (the Value Select PC3200) in the mobo. I've tried all three slots with the same problem.

The second system has an FIC mobo and runs the ram at PC1600 (I think? Whatever 100MHz DDR is) and its default timings.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Thanks RAM Guy!

I tried it on a P4SDA+ (Supermicro P4 board with the Intel 845 chipset) with a retail P4 that runs at 24x multi and 100Mhz FSB (old machine @ work) with the same issue. Time to start the RMA! Corsair Rocks!

Archived