Corsair Community

8000 hz without iCUE

Jujuie

Hi. So I just bought a k70 and I don't have the best pc so everytime I run apex or valorant my keyboards lights will flicker or just turn off (but the keyboard will still work) so I sometimes have to turn it off but I still want the 8000 hz feature. I was just wondering if the feature is still on even with iCUE closed or I have to keep it open and if I do is there a way to have iCUE not take up so much cpu/gpu. Thanks.

• Corsair Employees

The keyboard polling rate is hardware side. The iCUE software is only required to turn it on initially.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2021 at 11:38 PM, Jujuie said:

Hi. So I just bought a k70 and I don't have the best pc so everytime I run apex or valorant my keyboards lights will flicker or just turn off (but the keyboard will still work) so I sometimes have to turn it off but I still want the 8000 hz feature. I was just wondering if the feature is still on even with iCUE closed or I have to keep it open and if I do is there a way to have iCUE not take up so much cpu/gpu. Thanks.

If the flickering is caused by your PC, it sounds like a power or USB issue.

Keep in mind increasing the polling rate of peripherals isn't supported in all games and will bump up your CPU usage.