Corsair Community

LCD Cap for Elite Capellix coolers not showing up in ICUE.

DomDucci

Hey everyone, Thanks for taking the time to hear me out.

I got this Elite LCD upgrade kit as an early Christmas present and I have spent the better part of 3 hours trying every troubleshooting step I can think of and that I could come across online. Before installing the LCD the Elite Capellix was showing up fine in ICue but after installing this no matter what I do and in what order it will not show up for me in ICUE.

It is currently listed in device manager as " LCD Cap for Elite Capellix coolers" but I do not see the commander core listed in the device manager anywhere. Sometimes the new LCD will display " LIQUID TEMP 0c" but will never change the data. The pump is working fine and keeping the CPU cool but now it is just displaying a big orange triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle.

An important note is that I did have to take off the larger plastic shroud as I have the original AM4 mount on my X570 Cross-hair hero Viii. The CPU underneath is the Ryzen 5900x.

In the system I am also running a commander pro and that seems to be working fine.

If anyone has any idea's on things that I can try I am all ears as I'm at a loss and ready to return this thing.

I went through all the troubleshooting steps listed by corsair on this issue but nothing seemed to work.

Thanks all,

The data from LCD top to system is carried by the USB connection.  Most of these red triangle or frozen data issues involve that path.  You can try connecting each USB from the LCD and Com Core individually to the MB (or more likely your USB hub for AMD).  There are many of these threads in the forum with long discussion about what they have tried.  Most anything with LCD in the title will be related.

The pump gets it power from the Commander Core with gets it via SATA.  The pump does not have an off switch unless you pull power.  Check your SATA to Commander Core and then the wide mini-24 pin cable on the side (with the white stripe).  No matter the USB or connectivity state, the pump will always run with power.  

2 hours ago, c-attack said:

The data from LCD top to system is carried by the USB connection.  Most of these red triangle or frozen data issues involve that path.  You can try connecting each USB from the LCD and Com Core individually to the MB (or more likely your USB hub for AMD).  There are many of these threads in the forum with long discussion about what they have tried.  Most anything with LCD in the title will be related.

The pump gets it power from the Commander Core with gets it via SATA.  The pump does not have an off switch unless you pull power.  Check your SATA to Commander Core and then the wide mini-24 pin cable on the side (with the white stripe).  No matter the USB or connectivity state, the pump will always run with power.  

Thanks for your reply! Yeah I searched all over the forum but I have tried every combination listed with the USB headers but it seemes to have fried the actual commander core as the pump is now cutting off eventually even with the original configuration with the original led pump head on. 

This could be a defect in the power cables either before or after the Commander Core.  I would contact Corsair Support or look at local replacement options.  If power is cutting in/out, that does not seem like something you should leave alone and 'hope for the best' and other troubleshooting with the LCD top seems premature until the power issue is sorted.  Power cutting in/out can make the LCD top go into red triangle mode.  

• 1 month later...