Corsair Community

New XMS not compatible with my old stick? (CMX512-3200C2PT)

Hello,

My motherboard is an Albatron PX845PEV Pro, and I've been using Corsair CMX512-C2PT ver 2.2 memory I bought when I build my computer. It's worked great, so just last week I ordered a new stick to help handle some of the newer games I've been playing. The new stick is version 4.3. When I put it in my system, it locks up on boot-up. I juggled the sticks around my 3 memory slots, and never got them to work together. At the boot screen, my system has only shown 512mb being in there, never a gig.

Is this new stick not compatible with the exact same stick of the old, just because they're different versions? Either stick works fine by itself in my system, just not together.

I need to know whether to just give up and return the memory while I can, or what's going on. Thanks for any help.

-Greg

• Corsair Employees

Please make sure that you have the latest BIOS for your MB and load Setup/Optimized default settings, and try the following BIOS settings;

CMX1024 or CMX512 or CMX256A-3200C2

CPU Freq: 133 MHz (533 FSB)

System Performance: User Define

Memory Frequency: 125%/2:3 ratio

Resulting Frequency: 166 MHz (333 FSB)

Memory Timing: User Define

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.5T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 7T

DDR Reference Voltage: 2.75 Volts

AGP Voltage: Default *unless you have ATI (9200 or 9600) or NVIDIA (5200 or 5700) then 1.6 Volts suggested!*

All other settings are motherboards defaults

Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

Archived