Corsair Community

Corsair HS80 Questions/Comments

Precise

• In the Manual it says that headset must be fully charged before first use. I did not do this, When I plugged it in, first thing I did was install the drivers and update the firmware, then I used the headset until the battery depleted. Now I am charging it overnight.

• What is the main reason for full charging before first use, and what is the harm by not doing so? In the manual it says that the battery has no charging memory, so you don't have to deplete it before recharge, If it has no memory why would full charging before first use matter? 

• Additionally, My unit which is brand new and arrived today was also suffering the low microphone issue, which has been mostly resolved by using Equalizer APO. The microphone comes default with a pre-amp at -6. Change it to +8 and Mic is working fine. 

• Anyone have EQ Settings for CS GO? And do you use Dolby for it or stereo?

I am pleased with the volume and sound of the headset so far, using Technes EQ settings of 5, 3, 2, 1, 0, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 and music really sounds much better then any of the default presets, and even better then dolby atmos music preset. 

Lastly, in the Corsair Software on the right most side there is two pictures of headsets. When I click on them, the main picture changes, What does this do exactly?

• Corsair Employees
On 12/19/2021 at 11:59 PM, Precise said:
  • In the Manual it says that headset must be fully charged before first use. I did not do this, When I plugged it in, first thing I did was install the drivers and update the firmware, then I used the headset until the battery depleted. Now I am charging it overnight.

• What is the main reason for full charging before first use, and what is the harm by not doing so? In the manual it says that the battery has no charging memory, so you don't have to deplete it before recharge, If it has no memory why would full charging before first use matter? 

• Additionally, My unit which is brand new and arrived today was also suffering the low microphone issue, which has been mostly resolved by using Equalizer APO. The microphone comes default with a pre-amp at -6. Change it to +8 and Mic is working fine. 

• Anyone have EQ Settings for CS GO? And do you use Dolby for it or stereo?

I am pleased with the volume and sound of the headset so far, using Technes EQ settings of 5, 3, 2, 1, 0, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 and music really sounds much better then any of the default presets, and even better then dolby atmos music preset. 

Lastly, in the Corsair Software on the right most side there is two pictures of headsets. When I click on them, the main picture changes, What does this do exactly?

So for me, the reason I believe most electronic devices of anything/any kind says to fully charge before first use is usually because the company just wants you to have the best experience as possible out of the package. There usually is minimal difference because of course, we're human and developers know human nature and anticipate this - they always know people will use things out of the box right away anyways 🙂 I did this when I got an ebike and played with it as soon as I got it out of the box (without charging the battery) and low and behold, the bike died faster than I anticipated. I just think its good practice to fully charge your device (not overcharge) and not fully deplete a battery of any device just so you can always get the best experience and make things last longer but I mean again, do what works for you and what you think is best for your situation.

For the HS80 mic issue - please also check out this thread here to see if you may be experiencing similar issues to other users of the HS80 (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/171783-hs80-microphone-volume-is-low/page/5/). We are aware of the issue and its still being worked on so I recommend following that thread as well to get updates. 

For EQ Settings and Game recommendations/help/examples - please check out this thread (https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/137975-post-your-eq-settings-and-headset-model/page/2/#comment-1003992). Everyone is really helpful there - unfortunately, I get too dizzy playing shooting games so I tend to stay away from those. 

I'm glad you are liking the HS80 and for your last question, I'm assuming you are looking at your headsets through iCUE? What version are you running? The images should show which devices are in use with iCUE. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions.