Corsair Community

GTX1060 AIO?

Linition

So I am still sitting on a crappy EVGA 1060 6gb SC, which means it has a SINGLE fan! :classic_wacko:

It was fine back when I bought it, and since then upgrading still doesn't seem worth it, considering I don't play the latest games.
However, the fan isn't holding up well anymore and started buzzing.
I could lube it, but I would rather upgrade it a little, maybe with a Corsair AIO that has ML fans.

My question now, what would I need for the most simple solution?
I believe it's the older version, so this one: https://www.amazon.com/Evga-Gaming-Graphics-Card-03G-P4-6162-KR/dp/B01L31DAQK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2OUYCF0U87BEB&keywords=evga+1060+6gb&qid=1639939464&sprefix=evga+1060%2Caps%2C253&sr=8-2

that one went under the radar..

I feel like any custom cooling solution would be more expensive than the card itself.. When i had that happen on an old GPU (GTX970) i found spare fans on aliexpress, sometimes if you're lucky, on Amazon.

It's worth looking on the card, taking pictures, maybe looking online for fan replacements for that particular cooler. you could be lucky and find spares.

It's a similar business as trying to replace a laptop fan. they are almost impossible to find outside of official warranty repair... and aliexpress 😛

1 hour ago, LeDoyen said:

that one went under the radar..

I feel like any custom cooling solution would be more expensive than the card itself.. When i had that happen on an old GPU (GTX970) i found spare fans on aliexpress, sometimes if you're lucky, on Amazon.

It's worth looking on the card, taking pictures, maybe looking online for fan replacements for that particular cooler. you could be lucky and find spares.

It's a similar business as trying to replace a laptop fan. they are almost impossible to find outside of official warranty repair... and aliexpress 😛

Have you been in hibernation for the past 3 years? :classic_unsure:

I decided instead that I tortured this card with 1440p long enough and upgraded.
Too bad there are no Corsair aftermarket cards with ML fans yet. :classic_biggrin:

well.. i don't know... i haven't ordered there in.. about 3 years 😛

Corsair still has no fans under 120mm, which is where you may have been able to rig something up on the card's cooler. but hey, nothing Gorilla tape can't solve ^^