Corsair Community

SP Fans moved in case and no longer RGB Lighting

I bought the 5000 Air Cool case that came with 3 SP Fans, a 6 fan connector for RGB (dont know what it is called since it is not sold seperatorly) and the 6 connector PWD.  The Fans worked fine and would do RGB but dont have the RPM to keep my processor cool.  I than bought a 3 pack of LL120 fans and a Single LL120 Fan.  I moved the 3 SP fans to the top of the case and hooked them back up and put the 3 LL in front and the single in back.  When I boot all spin (although stuck at max cant figure out how to control the fans in ICUE) but only the LL120s light up.  They are all connected to the Core that came with the 3 pack since we cannot mix fans and the 3 SP are on the RGB hub that came with case.  I verified everything is plugged in, I removed each fan from Hub and booted with 1 plugged in at a time and no RGB.  I also do not see them in ICUE.  I tried to put a ticket in to Corsair but the fans do not have a Part Number on them to put in or a Serial.  Any suggestions on getting the RGB working or the speed control issue?  I have attched a image of what shows up in my ICUE.

ICUE.png

First, without a Commander (Pro, Core or Core XT), you won't be able to control the fan speed from iCUE. You'll need to use your motherboard or whatever the PWM connectors are connected to (usually the motherboard).

Second, iCUE won't "see" the fans. It does "see" your Lighting Node Core and your Lighting Node Pro. You need to tell iCUE what's on those channels. I suspect that you already have (as it worked before) but make sure that they are configured for the correct type and number of fans. With the LNP, make sure that the Fan Hub is connected to the right channel. Finally, make sure that your fans are connected to the Lighting Node Core / Fan Hub in order (1,2,3). You cannot skip ports on the hub.

1 hour ago, DevBiker said:

First, without a Commander (Pro, Core or Core XT), you won't be able to control the fan speed from iCUE. You'll need to use your motherboard or whatever the PWM connectors are connected to (usually the motherboard).

Second, iCUE won't "see" the fans. It does "see" your Lighting Node Core and your Lighting Node Pro. You need to tell iCUE what's on those channels. I suspect that you already have (as it worked before) but make sure that they are configured for the correct type and number of fans. With the LNP, make sure that the Fan Hub is connected to the right channel. Finally, make sure that your fans are connected to the Lighting Node Core / Fan Hub in order (1,2,3). You cannot skip ports on the hub.

The Lightning node core and pro are working fine those are connected to my LL fans.  The SP fans are on the RGB hub that comes with the 5000 Tempered Air case.  The hub connects to Sata for power and USB on the motherboard for the RGB.  Before I had bought the LL Fans ICUE saw the 3 SP fans hub.  I cant remember what the hub was called that it showed in ICUE.  When I say see fans i should have specified it is not seeing the hub.

Edited by Cyricvirus

forgot to mention they are in order on the hub i did not skip any ports

The "hub" that comes with the 5000 case is the Lighting Node Core. That shows clearly in your iCUE screen shot.

The LL fans come with the Lighting Node Pro (also in your screen shot). The Fan Hub is attached to either channel 1 or channel 2. Go to the lighting setup for that channel and set it for the number of fans. The RGB Fan LED Hub on the Lighting Node Pro won't show up in iCUE independently. And you need to tell iCUE what is on each device in the Lighting Setup.

12 minutes ago, DevBiker said:

The "hub" that comes with the 5000 case is the Lighting Node Core. That shows clearly in your iCUE screen shot.

The LL fans come with the Lighting Node Pro (also in your screen shot). The Fan Hub is attached to either channel 1 or channel 2. Go to the lighting setup for that channel and set it for the number of fans. The RGB Fan LED Hub on the Lighting Node Pro won't show up in iCUE independently. And you need to tell iCUE what is on each device in the Lighting Setup.

My Fan hub with the SP Fans is not connected to the Lighting Node Pro only my Lightning Node Core with came with the LL 3 Pack and has my 4 LL on it.  The Hub with my case does not have a connector for the Lightning Node Pro.  It gets power from a sata connection and has a USB connection that connects to my Motherboard.  The Hub in the case does not look like the Lighting Node Core.  I am attaching a SS from the sales page since i didnt want to shut down and take apart my case to take a SS of it.

5000hub.png

On 12/19/2021 at 2:07 AM, DevBiker said:

Update:  If I use Scenes that are static colors the 3 SP Fans light up.  So not really sure what is going on since my computer apparantly sees the RGB but only works with scenes.  I Ordered the Commander Core XT so maybe moving off the hub that came with the case will fix it so it sees them at all times and I can use the colors I want.

4 hours ago, Cyricvirus said:

Update:  If I use Scenes that are static colors the 3 SP Fans light up.  So not really sure what is going on since my computer apparantly sees the RGB but only works with scenes.  I Ordered the Commander Core XT so maybe moving off the hub that came with the case will fix it so it sees them at all times and I can use the colors I want.

That sounds like configuration, tbh.

4 hours ago, DevBiker said:

That sounds like configuration, tbh.

But if they are not showing up in ICUE (The Hub they are connected to) how is ICUE able to change the color?  The Hub they are using is connected to my motherboard through the USB connection built into the hub.  Not sure what other configuration I can do.  Hopefully when I get the Commander Core XT and remove that hub from the situation it will fix whatever is going on.

I plan to move the LL to the XL since it doesnt register SP and move the SP to the Lightning Node Pro that came with the LL Fans.

On 12/20/2021 at 12:50 PM, Cyricvirus said:

But if they are not showing up in ICUE (The Hub they are connected to) how is ICUE able to change the color?  The Hub they are using is connected to my motherboard through the USB connection built into the hub.  Not sure what other configuration I can do.  Hopefully when I get the Commander Core XT and remove that hub from the situation it will fix whatever is going on.

I plan to move the LL to the XL since it doesnt register SP and move the SP to the Lightning Node Pro that came with the LL Fans.

Yes, the 'hub' is showing up in iCUE. It's clearly on your iCUE screen that you posted - it's the Lighting Node Core. You have to click on the LNC in iCUE and go to Lighting Setup and tell iCUE exactly how many and what kind of fans you have connected to it. It doesn't not - and never has - automatically detected fans on a Lighting Node Pro, Commander Pro, or Lighting Node Core.

On 12/21/2021 at 8:20 PM, DevBiker said:

Yes, the 'hub' is showing up in iCUE. It's clearly on your iCUE screen that you posted - it's the Lighting Node Core. You have to click on the LNC in iCUE and go to Lighting Setup and tell iCUE exactly how many and what kind of fans you have connected to it. It doesn't not - and never has - automatically detected fans on a Lighting Node Pro, Commander Pro, or Lighting Node Core.

That HUB is for the LL Fans NOT THE SP FANS.  Not sure how many times I have to say that.  The SP Fans are not on the Lighting Node Core That is in ICUE.  Doesnt matter anymore I got the Commander Core XL yesterday and took out the Hub that came with the case and moved the LL off of the Lighting Node Core and put them on the Commander Core XL and moved the SP to the lightning node core and now it all works.

I appreciate your working with me on the issue I just think there was a bit of confusion since I had three hubs inside the case and the Lighting Node Pro.  1 Hub had the LL, 1 Hub had the SP, and the other was for the PWN for the fans.  The hub with the SP was not connected to the lighting node pro since I didnt have a cable for that instead it was connected to my mother board.  The LL Hub was connected to the lighting node pro and through that was connected to motherboard.  So when they SS was showing Lighting Node Core that was with the LL fans and the Lighting Node Pro only had that hub connected to it.

Command Core XL.png

Edited by Cyricvirus