Corsair Community

HS80 Lack of Basic Features.

Arc94

I recently bought the HS80 wireless headset as a wireless upgrade from my CM MH752. It was frankly quite the hard choice I made, as I wasn't planning to spend that much and the reviews from MULTIPLE tech YouTubers were filled with criticism of it's flaws after the praises. 

I went and bought the HS80 anyways, as I was (naively) hoping that those flaws would be fixed with some software and/or firmware update. These are 3 main issues I want to be resolved.

1. Battery indication with iCue. Please change it to percentage (like some of your other wireless headsets) or at least add the function showing 'FULL' when fully charged. This problem is probably why the HS80 received so much criticism for it's battery life, as I'm assuming most of the reviewers probably tested it when not fully charged without them knowing which then resulted in the widely known reputation of 'bad battery life' of the HS80 (which I found not true after personally testing it).

2. Mic LED. While there is the option to turn off the LED light on the microphone when turned on (white light), however, it doesn't do so when the microphone is turned off (red light). This is an issue I think could have easily resolved or improved the battery life issue. 

3. LED. While on the subject of the LED, the power/charging indicator on the headset constantly flashes or 'breath' when turned on or charging. Again, I'm assuming flashing or breathing LED probably consumes more power than just static, which I hope you could change.

Here are some small annoyances that I found as well but not as important as above;

1. Default EQ. It would be nice if I didn't have to have iCue constantly started to have my custom EQ applied to the headset. It probably would be physically impossible as the headset doesn't have any onboard memory or processing but perhaps a lightweight iCue like Logitech's OMM.

2. Headset on when charging. I frequently charge the headset using my power strip rather than my PC, although when doing so, the headset will still turn on and isn't connected to the PC (I'm assuming cause USB mode).

While I've only just purchased the HS80 last month, the product was launch months ago. It's disappointing and frustrating to see the lack of update as I genuinely like this headset. The 'bad battery life' reputation of this headset was wrong but deserved as the flaws are still and probably will be true.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...