Corsair Community

My 5600MHz memory can't go past 4800MHz on Alder Lake

pretty disappointed from AlderLake
I bought 4x16GB of Dominator 5600MHz and I can't go past 4800MHz.

4800_C36_no_xmp.thumb.png.8577d29ff3aa74fb9cbd462f62a70e2d.png

I correct my previous statement, I can't even go 4800MHz stable.
I need to go 4.4GHz

I all, I highly discourage people in buying DDR5 right now, you spend two times more to go slower than DDR4.

I bought 4x16GB Dominator 5600MHz C36 and I can't event get them stable at 4.8GHz without exotic OC.

this is a shame, so much false advertisements over these CPUs/memory.

DDR5 is full of false advertisement, bad marketing and a lot of missunderstandings.

This is the reality of the current situation.

image.png.b3c4050b22e50c275d1b631cdf841948.png

There is no single rank 32GB DDR5 modules currently.

This means that if you want 64GB of DDR5 memory you have two options.
Get a 2x32GB dual rank modules.
Get a 4x16GB single rank modules.

In every cases you base frequency drops to a crappy 4GHz.

I'm using 4x16GB of Dominator 5600MHz C36 and I'm not able to drive them at 4.8GHz even with 1.35V on the memory and 1.25V on the memory controller/SA.
I need to drive my 1000€ of RAM on my 1200€ of motherboard (Asus Z690 Maximus Extreme) at 4.4GHz.

DDR5 at 4.4GHz is slower than DDR4 at 3.6GHz.

This means that I spent two times more to go slower than cheap DDR4 modules.

Don't make my mistake!!!

Corsair is hiding the truth by merging my post into another one that have a different title.

They clearly don't want to advertise the truth since noone will buy their expensive kits by knowing that you would go slower than DDR4 for double the price when you get 64GB

Using Asus Z690 Maximus Extreme on 12900k.

4x16GB Dominator 5600MHz C36

If you read my post better Intel says that your base frequency drops to 4GHz when using 2 dual rank modules or 4 single rank modules.

It drops to 4.4GHz even with a quad slot motherboard using 2 single rank modules 

I'm using latest bios of the mobo.

I still can't go past 4.4GHz on my 1000€ kit, due to latency I'm going slower than a cheap DDR4 kit.

I don't feel that this is a Corsair problem, but you can advertise this better to prevent people like me doing such a big mistake of jumping the 64GB ddr5 bandwagon and spending two times more than ddr4 to go slower.

13 hours ago, sblantipodi said:

Corsair is hiding the truth by merging my post into another one that have a different title.

They clearly don't want to advertise the truth since noone will buy their expensive kits by knowing that you would go slower than DDR4 for double the price when you get 64GB

Edited by sblantipodi

• Corsair Employees

Thanks for providing your motherboard and CPU information.  With all new platforms the beginning is a maturing stage as BIOS updates continue to be optimized to take advantage of the higher speeds for both CPU and Memory.  Based on your feedback, it looks like you were able to purchase two separate kits as CORSAIR and other manufacturers are currently not offering 4 module kits.  Although mixing kits is possible, we don't recommend it as we can't guarantee the performance, which is outlined in our DDR5 FAQ thread.

While the platform continues to mature, if you want the advertised 5600MT/s speeds, I would recommend a 2 module configuration.  Unless you are prioritizing capacity, in which you could stay with your current setup at 4400MT/s.

Ok, new bios 0811 for my Asus Maximus Extreme let me drive the RAM at 4.8GHz at least.

Thank you Corsair for the support.

I love your products and your support.

I was joking, cinebench crashes from time to time with memory at 4.8GHz. 😞

Is there someone who can tell me if I can try to push my 5600MHz C36 at 1.35V?

Samsung chip on them.

Do I risk to damage the RAM by running them at 1.35V since they are tested ad 1.25V?