Corsair Community

iCue Loses the Ability to Use CPU Temp for Fan Speeds

STOPchris

I'm not sure what is going on at Corsair, but iCue has been extremely unreliable the recent months. I had my custom fan profiles setup using my CPU temperature for two of my computers. With both computers, I started noticing my CPU temperatures getting much higher than I would like. It turns out, the option to use my CPU temperature for fan speed just disappeared. The problem? It disappeared after I had already been using it! It went away and the only reason I noticed is because my CPU temperatures were getting high. Is Corsair going to pay for my CPU if this error damages it?

• Corsair Employees

Which version of iCUE are you currently on, and what CORSAIR hardware are you using to reference the CPU temps?

Try performing a clean install of iCUE in case the profile or update didn't carry over properly.  The following article will walk you through the steps:

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Perform-a-clean-reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

I updated iCue to the newest version and it did fix this issue, but for how long? I feel like I can't trust iCue to properly manage the fans in my system now. I have all my case fans from Corsair, all of my CPU fans, my CPU coolers (for both computers), RAM, power supplies and cases. I'm not sure how you guys let something like this slip through? This could literally result in damaged hardware. 

Edited by STOPchris

I have this exact same issue right now.
I've uninstalled, reinstalled, stopped service, refreshed service, restarted, full shut down, etc.

Seriously considering getting rid of my corsair fans after this - can not afford to damage my hardware.

10 minutes ago, Alcide said:

I have this exact same issue right now.
I've uninstalled, reinstalled, stopped service, refreshed service, restarted, full shut down, etc.

Seriously considering getting rid of my corsair fans after this - can not afford to damage my hardware.

Exactly, if iCue is unreliable then I would rather just start buying elsewhere. I don't want to risk my hardware to use Corsair if they can't get this right.

• 1 month later...

I'm having problems with iCue also. Mid game my motherboard sensors disappear, the fans on my corsair H100i slow down and send my CPU to 80c. I've tried the complete clean reinstall removing the registry keys, motherboard drivers are all up to date.

Is there anywhere to download logs from to start troubleshooting?

iCue 4.19.191

MSI EG Z490 Unify

Intel 10900k

H100i RGB Pro XT.

5 hours ago, KeithA said:

I'm having problems with iCue also

The posters above were using the old CUE 3 program and the security certificate expired.  Whatever issue you are having is not related.  However, start with the 2 most common issues.  1) Make sure you are not running other full spectrum monitoring software at the same time as CUE.  AIDA and HWiNFO are common examples.  When they try to poll the H100i XT at the same time as CUE, it tends to lock up both programs.  Bad data and loss of control are probable.  2) You should be using H100i XT Temp as the control variable (sensor) choice for your fan curve.  That should not be dependent on any data CUE has to go fetch from your MB via other software.  

If you are still having issues, you may want to make your own thread so you can get specific help.  

Hi,

The only other monitoring programs I have running are MSI Dragon Center (which I would like to turn up my case fans based on GPU temps) and MSI Afterburner which I just use to monitor the temps on screen.  I have tried turning off Dragon Center and iCUE still froze, I haven't tried without afterburner.  Do you know if either of these programs are incompatible?

Thank you

• Corsair Employees
1 hour ago, KeithA said:

Hi,

The only other monitoring programs I have running are MSI Dragon Center (which I would like to turn up my case fans based on GPU temps) and MSI Afterburner which I just use to monitor the temps on screen.  I have tried turning off Dragon Center and iCUE still froze, I haven't tried without afterburner.  Do you know if either of these programs are incompatible?

Thank you

The Dragon Center software will definitely cause issues with iCUE when attempting to run them at the same time. If you wish to retain iCUE control you should not run the Dragon Center software at the same time.

Thanks for this, I've set my case fans to use the CPU temperature in the BIOS and stopped Dragon Centre from running and it seems to be doing everything I want, hopefully this will be better.

Just for confirmation, I am ok to use afterburner right? I like the on screen monitoring.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, KeithA said:

Just for confirmation, I am ok to use afterburner right? I like the on screen monitoring.

Yes, a large number of CUE users run Afterburner.  It should not be an issue.  

Thanks again for your help, it's been perfect since.  I tried setting fan speeds in the bios before but it didn't seem to work, I'm now realising it was probably Dragon Center was overriding the bios settings all along.  I can now uninstall it which is a bonus.

Cheers.