Corsair Community

Commander Pro Not showing fans

YellowDuck27

Hi, I have had this problem for about a year now, I just haven't been bothered to fix it. I have Hydro X cooling with the Pump/Reservoir combo it's lighting is plugged into a Co Pro  fan lighting header (That's what it said to do in the manual) I also have six fans 5 of which are in the Co pro and the other in the boards fan header. I have an issue where I can not see or change the RPM of my fans (and pump has its on measurements) but sometimes all of them or a couple of them will show up for a couple of seconds. I heard some people say that Installing HWinfo could fix it but I don't know which one to get if that is true. I would really I appreciate any help I am a little lost with this one. Thanks

Forum.PNG

37 minutes ago, YellowDuck27 said:

I heard some people say that Installing HWinfo could fix it

Hopefully they were saying the opposite -- uninstalling HWiNFO may fix this.  Besides the missing fans you have impossible values for the 3 voltage rails.  The fans may pop in and pop out at random times.  This is the classic symptoms of when two programs are fighting for access to the Commander Pro.  HWiNFO is a common collision, but AIDA or any other program attempting to read the Commander Pro can cause this.  It seems like HWiNFO is not installed.  Do you have some thing else that works at a system wide monitor?

Well I tried HWinfo because someone said that it could sort of act as a 3rd party monitor for icue but judging from what your saying I guess that's not true. I only installed it today so HWinfo is not the cause. I have looked anything that could conflict with it is Asus Armory crate, which I just discovered has Aura sync with it. Do you think that would be it? 

PS The Voltage values also randomly come back at times

Edited by YellowDuck27

1 hour ago, c-attack said:

Hopefully they were saying the opposite -- uninstalling HWiNFO may fix this.  Besides the missing fans you have impossible values for the 3 voltage rails.  The fans may pop in and pop out at random times.  This is the classic symptoms of when two programs are fighting for access to the Commander Pro.  HWiNFO is a common collision, but AIDA or any other program attempting to read the Commander Pro can cause this.  It seems like HWiNFO is not installed.  Do you have some thing else that works at a system wide monitor?

Ok since Uninstalling Both HWInfo and Armory Crate it is actually become usable, the voltages are actually showing and the fans will show up although they disappear after a while but they reappear probably meaning that its still conflicting with something else, For some insight My computer was a prebuilt Acer predator 3000, I have changed everything but the CPU and a M.2 SSD that's with it. I think that the put a bunch of different little monitoring software's and would not really tell you about them. Anyways I'm going to try to find anything that's interrupting it, thanks for the info!  

Armory Crate should not be causing this. While full package does a lot more than control RGB and has some deep tentacles,  I don’t believe it tries to read the Commander Pro and sticks to MB related data. 

I assume the fans do spin and there is power, so probably not an actual SATA issue with bad voltage readings.  Right click on the task bar and open the system monitor.  See what’s listed as start up programs.  There may be something silently launching on boot.  Most users who run into this have a conflict with Aida or hwinfo  it is possible to run them if you exclude the Corsair internal CUE devices from their monitoring.  If you find a program, you will need to quit it, then CUE, and the Corsair CUE service from the task manager to force a true reset