Corsair Community

D845PEBT2 and TWIX2048-3200C2PT, Wont Boot

chingus

My motherboard manual says it will support 2gb Memory at 333mhz, so I went to Corsair's website and did the memory guide to see what memory I could buy and it said my board supports the TWINX2048-3200C2PT. So I purchased it online from zipzoomfly.com, no problem. When I put the memory in it beeps like there isnt any memory installed at all, so I called Corsair's technical support and they said to change in my BIOS the Memory settings from Auto to 333mhz, so I did and still same problem. Someone please help.

If it says it works on their site that means it should work. Please there has to be a setting someone is missing somewhere.

DIMM Capacity: 1024 MB

Configuration: Dual Sided

DDR SDRAM Density: 512 Mbit

DDR SDRAM Organization Front-side/Back-side: 64 M x 8 / 64 M x 8

Number of DDR SDRAM Devices: 16

The Desktop Board D845PEBT2 has two DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:

• 2.5 V (only) 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
  • Unbuffered, unregistered single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction:
    Double-sided DIMMsS with x16 organization are not supported
  • 2 GB maximum total system memory with the following clarification:
    The Desktop Board has been designed to support DIMMs based on 512 Mbit technology for a maximum onboard capacity of up to 2 GB, but this technology has not been validated on this Desktop Board. Please refer to the latest lists of tested memory.
  • Minimum total system memory: 64 MB
  • Non-ECC DIMMs
  • Serial Presence Detect (SPD)
  • Suspend to RAM
  • 333/266 MHz DDR SDRAM DIMMs

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you do have the latest bios installed and then load setup/optimized defaults and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. But you should only have to set the timings and frequency manually for these to run in this system.

• 2 months later...

Archived