Corsair Community

HS70 Pro Wireless - Connected and playing sidetone, but not sending or receiving any sound

This started happening after a reset of my windows while fixing other issues. The headset connects to the wireless adapter when turned on, plays the turning on sound, but never plays the connected/mic status sound. Additionally, the headset SHOWS as connected within the iCue software, and even plays sidetone properly, but in Windows Sound Settings it does not play any sort of audio and the mic doesn't receive any audio either. If voice prompts are on, I get no sound indicating status changes and whatnot, but if they're off I get the on-board beeps.

Another side effect of this is that if the headset is on, I cannot watch or listen to any media. It seems to freeze whatever I'm attempting to watch or listen to (ex. Youtube videos never load)

I've already tried most methods to fix this (re-pairing headset and adapter, soft-resetting headset, deleting drivers, re-installing iCue, etc.)  but I haven't found anything beyond the standard that has fixed my issue.

• Corsair Employees

Hello Ncognito,

Let's try accessing something in Windows 10 called "Local Group Policy Editor." You navigate to it by typing "Edit Group Policy" in the Windows 10 Start Menu, then you'll see the window. You need to navigate through the below branch.

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Device Installation -> Device Installation Restrictions -> Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings -> Enable -> Apply

From this, restart your computer, then navigate to device manager. Click on view, then "Devices by container." Go to your headset, and uninstall the device.

Afterwards, restart your computer, and make sure you have the latest version of iCUE installed. You need to navigate back to the policy and set it to "Not Configured" or "Disabled." If you do not do this, you will be unable to install your drivers.

After doing this, you will navigate back to iCUE, go to device settings, and force a firmware update.

• 3 weeks later...