Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro Plus - GPU fan fluctuating

Hi, my 2018 One Pro Plus has just started to have problems with the GPU (GTX 1080ti). Today the temperature/fan has been constantly fluctuating like crazy. On idle it's at around 47°/ 1560rpm and then the simplest of tasks it progressively reaches 90°/ 3000+ rpm. Hadn't updated the drivers in a while but few days earlier installed the latest Nvidia drivers for this card.

I tried playing a game and it was stuttering and after a few minutes the monitor screen turned black but I could still here the game. Had to reboot.

I imagine there's a serious problem with the card. Any ideas on what to do? How easy is it to replace the GPU for the same or similar?

Thanks!

LOW.jpg

HIGH.jpg

• Corsair Employee
21 minutes ago, Warvan said:

Hi, my 2018 One Pro Plus has just started to have problems with the GPU (GTX 1080ti). Today the temperature/fan has been constantly fluctuating like crazy. On idle it's at around 47°/ 1560rpm and then the simplest of tasks it progressively reaches 90°/ 3000+ rpm. Hadn't updated the drivers in a while but few days earlier installed the latest Nvidia drivers for this card.

I tried playing a game and it was stuttering and after a few minutes the monitor screen turned black but I could still here the game. Had to reboot.

I imagine there's a serious problem with the card. Any ideas on what to do? How easy is it to replace the GPU for the same or similar?

Thanks!

LOW.jpg

HIGH.jpg

Hi @Warvan

Given the age and the symptoms; this is likely just a Thermal Paste issue.

Getting the pump headers off to reapply the paste can be a little tricky due to the custom fittings - but feel free to reach out to our support team for a little help in achieving this.

help.corsair.com

~ Mordred

Thanks for the advice.

I'm not sure I can see myself doing that but I will reach out to see how complicated it may be.

Do you know if it's possible to send in the PC to have it done? I'm living in France at the moment so I don¡t know if that's possible.

• Corsair Employee
On 12/10/2021 at 11:29 AM, Warvan said:

Thanks for the advice.

I'm not sure I can see myself doing that but I will reach out to see how complicated it may be.

Do you know if it's possible to send in the PC to have it done? I'm living in France at the moment so I don¡t know if that's possible.

Whilst we do offer a repair service; it is only currently available in North America - and not Europe.
Unfortunately due to the age and model (2018) it would not be eligible for a full replacement.