Corsair Community

More fans than connectors in case

Hello folks, 

I just ordered a Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB black and the 420mm LCD H170I for my new CPU, Board. etc.
In summary, I have 7 fans to run, because the case comes with 4 fans and the H170 comes with 3.

But, the pre-installed Commander Core only have 6 fan- and RGB-slots to use, how do I use that, maybe in-sync
if I have 7 fans in total?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by xSchizo

Howdy! I just got this issue solved thanks to the lovely people on here! I too have 7 fans and only had 6 connections on the Core that came with my case. What I believe you need would be a splitter cable for the PWM connector and another splitter cable for the RGB connector. So in total 2 Cables BUT make sure you order the right cables 1 for PWM side and 1 for the RGB side. Im not a pro at building but all my fans are spinning up right and lighting up fine after the cables came in. If you need exact parts let me know and I'll provide images to what I bought.

Edited by SteaminDemon

11 hours ago, SteaminDemon said:

Howdy! I just got this issue solved thanks to the lovely people on here! I too have 7 fans and only had 6 connections on the Core that came with my case. What I believe you need would be a splitter cable for the PWM connector and another splitter cable for the RGB connector. So in total 2 Cables BUT make sure you order the right cables 1 for PWM side and 1 for the RGB side. Im not a pro at building but all my fans are spinning up right and lighting up fine after the cables came in. If you need exact parts let me know and I'll provide images to what I bought.

Hi Steamin!
I actually guess, that if I have 2 commanders (I do have 2, due the Watercooler and Case comes with one each), I don't need adapters or something.... hopefully, regarding the fans themself, in summary I have 12 RGB- and PWM Slots due my two commanders.

I just guess I need a USB-splitter for the LCD of the H170i anyway. 😛
But yeah, I'd like to know, what parts you exactly bought. 🙂