Corsair Community

More problems whit ICUE and USB

FMA

hi, i use google traslator because my english is very bad, sorry

Hello, I have a problem with the EUCI software and the management software of my Cyberpower Power Panel Control UPS / UPS.

The issue is that when installing ICUE, it makes the Cyberpower software not work correctly, stopping to indicate, for example, if I am connected to the electrical current or, on the contrary, if there has been a power cut and it starts to use the batteries, with the great disadvantage that by not detecting the power cut, it does not go into hibernation since it thinks that it is connected to normal current and when the battery is exhausted it turns off suddenly.

The problem is caused by the EUCI software, without installing it, the Cyberpower software works correctly, it is installing the EUCI and stop working, and if I uninstall it again, it works again without problems.

From what I have investigated, the Corsair ICUE software does very poorly manage the USB stack causing endless crashes with the USB connections, you just have to go through the forum a bit to see it.

So, I would like to know if there is a solution that I do not know and can fix the problem, or on the contrary, it will be necessary to notify ICUE software development of this failure so that future updates can solve it.

And from my point of view, Corsair should solve this problem as soon as possible, since it is a recognized brand and in contrast the competition of even less recognition than Corsair, does not generate these problems. And seeing the amount of nonsense services that the ICUE software installs (example, compatibility for MSI boards, even if you have an asus, it installs it for you and you have it running there for nothing, taking up resources, etc.), it turns out to be software that does. Well it is very useful, from a development point of view it is quite sloppy.

same in spanish

Hola, tengo un problema con el software ICUE y el software de gestión de mi UPS/SAI de Cyberpower Power Panel Control. 

El asunto, es que al instalar ICUE, hace que no funcione correctamente el software de Cyberpower, dejándome de indicar, por ejemplo, si estoy conectado a la corriente eléctrica o por el contrario, si ha habido un corte de suministro y pasa a usar las baterías, con el gran inconveniente de que al no detectar el corte de corriente, no entra en hibernación ya que piensa q esta conectado a la corriente normal y cuando se agota la batería se apaga de golpe.

El problema lo origina el software ICUE, sin instalarlo, el software de Cyberpower funciona correctamente, es instalar el ICUE y dejar de funcionar, y si lo desinstalo otra vez, vuelve a funcionar sin problemas.

Por lo que he investigado, el software de Corsair ICUE hace una muy mala gestión de la pila USB provocando un sinfín de fallos con las conexiones USB, solo hay que pasarse un poco por el foro para verlo.

Así pues, me gustaría saber si hay alguna solución que desconozca yo y se me pueda arreglar el problema, o por el contrario habrá que notificar de este fallo a desarrollo de software ICUE para que en futuras actualizaciones lo solucionen. 

Y desde mi punto de vista, Corsair debería solucionar este problema cuanto antes, ya que es una marca reconocida y en cambio la competencia de incluso menos reconocimiento que Corsair, no genera estos problemas. Y viendo la cantidad de servicios sin sentido que instala el software ICUE (ejemplo, compatibilidad para placas MSI, aunque tu tengas una asus, te lo instala y lo tienes ahi corriendo para nada, ocupando recursos , etc), me resulta un software que si bien es muy util, desde el punto de vista de desarrollo es bastante chapuza.

Un saludo.