Corsair Community

DDR5 XMP stability

Weird issue whenever I turn on XMP for my DOMINATOR DDR5 5200MHz C38 Memory Kit it gives an error in ICUE and won't be read. I'm just wondering if thats a sign of stability issues. I went ahead and rolled back the changes. I'm on an AORUS Z690 Master mobo, and it only had 1 profile for XMP. 

I'm just wondering if its the mem sticks are not up to snuff or if i'd be good if I just manually set the specs.

I too am having stability issues with DOMINATOR DDR5 5200MHz c36 first edition on gigabyte z690 master. I have tried manually entering 5200mhz and the xmp timing but keep getting bsod in windows 11. currently running 36 36 36 77 timings at 4800mhz ok hopefully they are not faulty and just need better bios

8 hours ago, zofox2 said:

gives an error in ICUE and won't be read

Do you mean the red triangle like marker in CUE?  That’s usually an initialization error but should not be affected by timings/frequency/voltage. Unlike the MB, CUE will never know if the XMP preset is active or not. Quit the app and restart it when this happens. On cue 4 that’s usually all it takes.

If this is an every boot type of problem, most conflicts are with other RGB software attempting to access the RAM.  You can set cue to a delayed start in the Windows task manager or manually launch. 

On 12/1/2021 at 10:08 PM, jcp11 said:

I too am having stability issues with DOMINATOR DDR5 5200MHz c36 first edition on gigabyte z690 master. I have tried manually entering 5200mhz and the xmp timing but keep getting bsod in windows 11. currently running 36 36 36 77 timings at 4800mhz ok hopefully they are not faulty and just need better bios

XMP timings for FE should be 36-38-38-74, at 1.25v for 5200MHz.  4800MHz baseline SPD timings is 40-40-40-77 at 1.1v.

On 12/1/2021 at 6:22 PM, zofox2 said:

Weird issue whenever I turn on XMP for my DOMINATOR DDR5 5200MHz C38 Memory Kit it gives an error in ICUE and won't be read. I'm just wondering if thats a sign of stability issues. I went ahead and rolled back the changes. I'm on an AORUS Z690 Master mobo, and it only had 1 profile for XMP. 

I'm just wondering if its the mem sticks are not up to snuff or if i'd be good if I just manually set the specs.

If the Aorus motherboards use a similar bios to ASUS, you may need to enable SPD Write setting before iCUE will "see" the memory.  For my ASUS bios, the setting was in the overclocking (Tweakers Paradise) section - once I changed "SPD Write Disable" to FALSE, iCue picked it up right away.

I have the timings now set to 36 38 38 74 but still they will only be stable at a max of 5000mhz, when trying xmp or manual setting of rated setting of modules i get constant bsod's relating to memory. I though that you were suppose to be able to change corsairs dominator ddr5 memory settings on the fly in icue or is that an upcoming feature. I have upped the voltage to 1.275 and still get BSODs with memory errors. Is it possible that these supposedly hand picked first edition modules are faulty. Any help would be most appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2021 at 4:11 PM, Synica1 said:

If the Aorus motherboards use a similar bios to ASUS, you may need to enable SPD Write setting before iCUE will "see" the memory.  For my ASUS bios, the setting was in the overclocking (Tweakers Paradise) section - once I changed "SPD Write Disable" to FALSE, iCue picked it up right away.

Thanks for this! You are the only person to mention where the SDP Write function is in the ASUS Bios - my RAM was not showing in ICUE after I updated my BIOS to the most recent build, I thought it was an XMP issue (new bios build is more stable for XMP - before my computer would crash), but the issue persisted even after turning off XMP. It was the SDP Write Disabled function! 

All fixed now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is now also fixed, had replacement memory from corsair and these sticks work as specified. The first edition kit i had was faulty and nothing to do with my cpu. The new modules have samsung chips also which can run stable at 6000mt 36 36 36 77

• 1 month later...

I’m having the same problem with my Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5200. 

My system: 

Windows 11

Gigabyte z690 Aorus Master mobo

Intel I9 12900K

(2x16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5

EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

To clarify, it will run everything fine at XMP 5200 until I start gaming- particularly COD MW. That’s when the restarts happen. My temps in XMP around around 36-37C using Corsair ICUE software. 

Im pretty upset that XMP 5200 isn’t stable. These sticks are certified at that speed. Should I RMA or is this a problem with all their DDR5 RAM?

Edited by Booms77

• 1 month later...

If I was you i would create a memtest64 boot drive and run it to test the sticks at rated speed and go from there.

• 8 months later...

Aorus Ultra z690, BIOS F21 (latest):

If i set my Vengeance DDR5 5600 (2x32BG) to XMP on it says 5600, but the whole system hangs on booting.

Did a CMOS reset for 1 min, and only then the PC rebooted after 5 min when turning it on to default BIOS settings.

PS the memory is tested and fine, runs OK at default 4800.

Edited by jackd

• 1 month later...

I bought the first batch of ddr5 5200mhz dominators and I haven’t been able to get them past 5000mhz(if turbo boost is on) most the time 4800mhz is the only stable. I have a gigabyte z690 aero d and it’s my second board I thought the proble was the other board becuase it would post if I went over 4800mhz my graphics card wouldn’t even initialize. What’s sad is gigabyte did we fhave a bios setting to disable spd write. What’s crazier is icue only sees one stick of ram i cna change colors and everything the other stick is just red blinking. It shows both ram is working in gpuz and programs alike. It’s crazier that I paid 450 bucks for 2 16g sticks 32 gig total and they won’t give ‘em new ram or rma it becuase I bought it off a store on eBay. It’s bs. I’m done buying corsair and I’m telling all my subscribers and viewers not to buy corsair products period and fhe nightmare and the begging I tried to get for them to send me new ram I spent 450 on that ram and 350 on a new mobo(thinking it had to be the mobo not the ram) so goodluck I’m done. If you guys know here the spd write is in the bios i gigabyte lemme know but goodluck