Corsair Community

HS45 Surround Adapter Driver Problems

Hello, so hum... I was just chilling on Spotify while playing Minecraft, when my headset stopped making any sound, so I unplugged it's adapter, and plugged it on another port, but I got windows (10) message saying that the USB device isn't recognized, when I go into the iCue Software, it doesn't shows up, and when I go in the device manager, it says the same thing again (the device is named "Unknown USB Device (Invalid Configuration Descriptor)"), so I tried some things to fix it (all of them failed) :

- Updating Driver

- Windows Update (there was one, didn't work)

- Search drivers on google, always gives me iCue software installer, but it still doesn't appear in there

- Uninstall every USB Devices (and restart windows of course)

- Windows Device Diagnostic (by doing "msdt.exe -D DeviceDiagnostic" in PowerShell (Admin))

- Change USB Power Options

- System Restore

I really need help please I beg, I bought headset less than 3 months ago :'(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
On 12/1/2021 at 11:34 AM, Captain_Dada said:

Please I really need help, if you have the drivers 😕

Hey Captain_Dada, I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues - what version of iCUE are you running? Please check out the Release Notes section to see if you are currently up to date - (https://forum.corsair.com/release-notes/icue/418209-r14/). 

There are several additional things you can try (besides possibly updating BIOS). You can try a performing a clean reinstallation of iCUE or the action of repairing iCUE as follows: 

If a clean reinstall of iCUE does not resolve the issue, try repairing iCUE.

Before repairing iCUE, delete the “Corsair composite virtual input device” driver.
Open Device Manager.
Select Human Interface Devices.
Right-click Corsair composite virtual input device and select Uninstall device.
Tick the Delete the driver software for this device checkbox, and then click Uninstall. 

Another thing that sometimes happens is that the permission changes what device takes precedence when you listen or use certain programs (Spotify, Minecraft, Discord). You should be able to check in your Sound Settings and allow which programs take what device to what precedence. 

On 12/12/2021 at 2:30 PM, Paul302 said:

I update to Windows 11 and now mine quit working. Says no driver found. 

Hey Paul302 - assuming you have the same devices, I would try the follow things as mentioned above and the things I mentioned here as well. 

• Sad 1

On 12/15/2021 at 10:53 PM, Corsair Angie said:

Hey Captain_Dada, I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues - what version of iCUE are you running? Please check out the Release Notes section to see if you are currently up to date - (https://forum.corsair.com/release-notes/icue/418209-r14/). 

There are several additional things you can try (besides possibly updating BIOS). You can try a performing a clean reinstallation of iCUE or the action of repairing iCUE as follows: 

If a clean reinstall of iCUE does not resolve the issue, try repairing iCUE.

Before repairing iCUE, delete the “Corsair composite virtual input device” driver.
Open Device Manager.
Select Human Interface Devices.
Right-click Corsair composite virtual input device and select Uninstall device.
Tick the Delete the driver software for this device checkbox, and then click Uninstall. 

Another thing that sometimes happens is that the permission changes what device takes precedence when you listen or use certain programs (Spotify, Minecraft, Discord). You should be able to check in your Sound Settings and allow which programs take what device to what precedence. 

Hey Paul302 - assuming you have the same devices, I would try the follow things as mentioned above and the things I mentioned here as well. 

Hey Corsair Angie, so I tried everything you said:

Bios is already on last version,

Clean reinstalled the iCUE Software,

Repaired the iCUE Software,

But I still have the same problem... 

image.png.e16e58a5b113e432f9bcf72b0c407903.png

Maybe this can help you ? 

image.png.2e9d3b0db8280af11ade4d4ce9b83d07.png

Thanks you for trying to help me 😕

Edited by Captain_Dada
Forgot something

I did a windows 11 fresh install and reinstalled all my programs and drivers and everything works very well now. 

I guess the problem was going updating from Windows 10 to Windows 11 without a install.