Corsair Community

New to Corsair RGB and have a question.

I've recently purchased some fans/a cooler/ new case and want to be sure I have everything squared away before I migrate my parts into my new setup next week. I purchased 6 LL 120 fans and the H100i Capellix AIO.  In order to run all 8 fans (the 6 LL's and 2 ML's), I also plan on purchasing the new Commander Core XT to use in addition to the Commander Core that came with my H100i. I know that I could purchase some cheap fan splitter for PWM control off the included Commander Core and then use the Node Pro that came with the LL 120's, but money is not an issue right now and it seems that the Core XT would severely cut down on controllers in the case/cable management, plus I would like to be able to control each fan separate.

Now here is my question. I only have a single internal USB 2.0 header on my mother board. Will using the passthrough included with the Commander Core XT allow me to also use the Commander Core in iCue? Or am I better off purchasing a USB 2.0 splitter? Thanks for your help!

It depends on your motherboard.  Most recent AMD boards have issues with anything on a splitter, so the completely passive Commander Pro ports won't help you.  Intel Z390/490/590 typically don't have this issue or at least not for the same low voltage reason as AMD.  If you do need aid, the splitter won't work.  It needs to be a powered USB hub to make up for the low voltage from the MB.  These typically cost less than $20.  If you are on AMD, you definitely buy now.  

Thank you so much for the quick response. I'll just get a powered USB hub then. I only have a B360 MB and it seems it would just be safest go that route than to risk blowing the one port I have. Any suggestions on quality Hubs? Or are they a dime a dozen? Thanks again!

13 minutes ago, brotherford said:

Any suggestions on quality Hubs? Or are they a dime a dozen? Thanks again!

The NZXT AC-IUSBH-M3 is a solid choice.

Plenty of others out there that will be cheaper bare boards, but take care to check they are SATA powered.