Corsair Community

Twinx 3200xlpro

i have the dfi lanparty nf4 sli-dr and a pair of TWINX 3200XLPRO. i havent done any overclocking to my system as it still lacks the graphics card. Today i tried turning it on after i refilled my water cooling only to be greeted by a "ram not found" beep from the mobo.

I know the mobo sends power to the ram and i know it tries to test it at post because the LEDs on the sticks go red. then nothing happens. it just beeps and doesnt detect the ram. what can have caused this? i tried removing the sticks and putting them back one by one but still none of them can be detected.

is it a known issue? is there a problem i am not aware of or did the sticks just die on their own over night?

i have an update, one of the sticks works if i put it on slots 1 and 2. the other doesnt. both dont work if they are placed on slots 3 and 4 but i am assuming that the mobo expects slots 1 and 2 to be populated before it checks 3 and 4 so thats normal.

so i am assuming this means i have a dead memory stick which died on its own without any overclocking just by booting and sitting idle. and this is supposed to be overclockers ram? anyway, how do i send it back and get a new one? i live in UK.

i have already tried all the slots and only 1 of the modules works, the other is not detected. i have not updated the bios and i dont know what version it is because i dont have a gfx card. the system has never fully functioned as it always lacked the gfx card. it would just do post and sit idle. the post had always been succesfull ( single long beep and all diagnostic leds off apart from the gfx led) until 2 days ago when one morning it would not post.

• Corsair Employees

Please test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts as well. If you do find one failing then lets get it or them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

However; if you get errors with both modules, that would suggest some other problem. And I would try testing the memory in another system to be sure.

i will test the RAM on my brother system which is in greece. I am going on sunday on vacation and i will stay there till september. If the memory doesnt work on his PC then i will apply for RMA.

I am convinced that the memory has died because it used to pass POST with a single long beep as it should until suddenly one day it wouldnt POST. Like i said i dont have a gfx card so i have never changed the bios settings. It worked at first with factory defaults and one day it stoped working.

Plus one of the modules will still work and pass the POST so it cant be the mobo at fault (DFI Lanparty SLI-DR)

Archived