Corsair Community

I just got virtuoso’s and the sound quality isn’t great

Uncle roge

I got this headset as a birthday gift just upgraded from a wired hyperx cloud 2s and the sound from this headset is very muddy and the bass stays for too long very hard to hear foot steps and my friends mics that are streamer grade sound muffled and bad I’ve tried messing with my eq turning off 7.1 and what not but it all sounds equally bad any tips.

Depends on how exactly you use it, sometimes you need to update the icue software AND the headset software, eq is all about preference towards what’s best for your ears, and 7.1 affects the chat audio as well but can be adjusted and if you’re on discord remember they also have settings to change around for adjustments that affect your headset! If you need any specific answers ask more questions!

• Corsair Employee

Hey Uncle roge - sorry you're experiencing these issues but also thank you Trickster44 for your insight and help! Yes, programs like Voicemod, Discord and sometimes even the things running on your operating system can take precedence over your headset and make the sound not to where you ideally thought it would be. For Uncle roge, if you are using your headset with iCUE - what is the current firmware version of your VIRTUOSO headset and its USB dongle? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2021 at 6:02 PM, Corsair Angie said:

Hey Uncle roge - sorry you're experiencing these issues but also thank you Trickster44 for your insight and help! Yes, programs like Voicemod, Discord and sometimes even the things running on your operating system can take precedence over your headset and make the sound not to where you ideally thought it would be. For Uncle roge, if you are using your headset with iCUE - what is the current firmware version of your VIRTUOSO headset and its USB dongle? 

my virtuoso sounds good in chrome but in a discord call it makes my friends voices sound hazy like their mic is poor quality but on my old turtle beach headset they sound just fine

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
On 12/9/2021 at 8:25 PM, sqwid said:

my virtuoso sounds good in chrome but in a discord call it makes my friends voices sound hazy like their mic is poor quality but on my old turtle beach headset they sound just fine

So besides the things I mentioned earlier in this thread as well as any outside interference with other electronic devices - another issue could be Discord and what is happening in your Discord settings in the Voice and Video options. Try disabling or enabling some of the settings there and let me know if that works. Also, you may have to go into your operating system and see what programs to what sound settings are set (including permissions). Are you also running your headset with iCUE? What is the firmware version of your headset and dongle? Thanks.