Corsair Community

Hello everybody I've aProlem with my HS80 please help me!

Growser

Hi, 

I've a Corsair HS80 and I've also installed the Cosair iCue software and now there is a firmware update ... I have download the update file on my pc and now I want to update my Headset the iCue software say to me that i have to plug in the USB-Cabel  and connect the Headset with the pc with the cabel, second step is to push the power button to switch to the USB-Mode. And now the problems start if I do this there happend nothing. So how I could update this Headset? 

• 11 months later...

Similar issue here, except my iCue seemingly won't detect my HS80s in wired mode. 

In Wireless mode everything works as it should. The headset displays in iCue i get the voice prompts when muting/unmuting the mic, EQ settings work, no issues. 

Wireless mode continues to function when plugging in the cable to charge. 

The problem occurs when i power off the headset, then plug in the cable to run in wired mode. The headset turns on, but instead of the voice prompt, i get two quick boop sounds. From there the general functionality of the headset remains, I can hear audio and use the mic, but the headset is not picked up by iCue, so i can't change Lighting or EQ settings and i can't run firmware updates. 

• Corsair Employee
5 hours ago, DasFlume said:

Similar issue here, except my iCue seemingly won't detect my HS80s in wired mode. 

In Wireless mode everything works as it should. The headset displays in iCue i get the voice prompts when muting/unmuting the mic, EQ settings work, no issues. 

Wireless mode continues to function when plugging in the cable to charge. 

The problem occurs when i power off the headset, then plug in the cable to run in wired mode. The headset turns on, but instead of the voice prompt, i get two quick boop sounds. From there the general functionality of the headset remains, I can hear audio and use the mic, but the headset is not picked up by iCue, so i can't change Lighting or EQ settings and i can't run firmware updates. 

What exactly are you plugging the USB cable for the headset into in order to connect it to the system?

7 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

What exactly are you plugging the USB cable for the headset into in order to connect it to the system?

I usually plug into a powered USB hub which worked fine until recently. Since having the issue I have also tried plugging directly into the tower both USB 3.2 and USB 2.0 had the same results