Corsair Community

I just bought some RAM..

unkn0wndj

It's the Corsair VS1GBKIT400 and I installed it in my computer and now I turned it on and the power supply cut on but then it didnt load the BIOS. The CPU Fan and all still stayed on and got power so then I turned it off and took those chips out and put in the old RAM I had and it did the same thing! What happened???? Ohh ++ my power supply is a 115watt

Wow.

Sounds like your power supply shorted out!

What setup do you have? What is your mainboard, CPU, and previous memory?

Did you have any trouble installing the memory? Did any components get bent on the mainboard?

PLUR

CK

Wow.

Sounds like your power supply shorted out!

What setup do you have? What is your mainboard, CPU, and previous memory?

Did you have any trouble installing the memory? Did any components get bent on the mainboard?

PLUR

CK

im not sure i know the mobo is an ASUS.. AMD Duron 1.3, and it had a 512 and a 256 stick.

nope it fit exactly right the pins are all the same... no i dont think so

well im not sure but its made by SiS and the bios chip says

AMIBIOS

CH28

and i havent done any overclocking or mods. oh and i added a new antec power supply and still the computer wont start up

It sounds like something didn't get plugged in correctly, if your seeing brown burn marks on your motherboard you've probably fried your motherboard; I'm sorry to say. It would have to be replaced.
Just bought a P4 3.0E and an intel motherboard.. now im getting beep codes with the BIOS so it wont even boot.. it may have something to do with the RAM.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me our modules part# (How To Read the Memory Label) and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set? And have you tried the modules one at a time?

Archived