Corsair Community

h150i elite capellix - update failed

DKiLLeR

So I just did an upgrade to my PC and put in a h150i elite capellix 360mm. I have gone though all the steps needed with connections. RGB and fans all work and connected to the Commander Core that came with the cooler. Well, when I launch iCUE It says there is a firmware update to my cooler. The update is to 2.6.201. I go to update it and it with sticks at 0% or tells me update fails. Either way I won't update. Does anyone have any suggestions as what may be causing that to happen and how to fix it?  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.

I am having a similar issue - new build, attempting to update the Commaner Core that came with my h150i elite capellix 360mm, but the mandatory firmware (2.6.201 mentioned above) fails to install each time. Additionally, as soon as the update fails, the AIO fans and the additional SP120 RGB ELITE that I have attached to the core ramp up to max speed until I shutdown and reboot my pc. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have exhausted all options suggested to me by tech support thus far and I am starting to believe the only fix may be to manually install the firmware but unfortunately, I do not have access to the .hex file.

If you have RGB Fusion from Gigabyte(or any RGB controlling programs that aren't Corsairs) thats probably the issue. I was having this issue until I went into task manager and End Task all the programs that were RGB related, then went into iCue and did the installs.