Corsair Community

K 95 keyboard symbol keys seem to be upside down

mark.bamford

Hi everyone!  All my symbol keys on my new K95 keyboard work as expected but look as if they have been put on upside down:   When I press the @/' key it comes up as the shift  ' symbol.  I thought it was a fault at first, but now I see that it's some sort of strange design choice.  What on earth is going on there?  And does anyone else do this?

PS  I manly use the keyboard for work typing (mechanical brown keys work well), and I use it so much that I can hit the right keys without looking, but with little used keys it really stumpped me for a while!

• Corsair Employees

Hi mark.bamford,

What regional layout of keyboard are you using, to start here?

Most of the LED/RGB keyboards across the industry are configured this way on the key caps. It has to do with the amount of light passing through and it’s attempting to make the primary symbol/character more visible. We’re starting to see some use side by side symbols on the cap instead of top/bottom now. I still remember when I got my first one like this 7 or 8 years ago. It screwed me up for a month, but eventually you adapt and now I don’t even remember they are flipped until someone mentions it.