Corsair Community

Dark Core RGB Pro SE Firmware update

I just got this new mouse from Amazon.

I already have iCue running on my system (v. 4.17.244 - Windows 11).

As soon as I plugged in I got promped to update both dongle and mouse firmwares, maybe I did that wrong, but I successfully update the dongle first (v. 5.4.99).

When I move to the mouse update I get an error (still on v. 2.7.37).

Seems like the mouse is no longer paired to the dongle (works only wired), cannot find it when I try from the mouse settings page (both are connected directly to my motherboard and both show in iCue), when I try to update mouse firmare it ask me to connect the dongle too (is already connected), if I skip that I always got the error, I have also tried on another machine running Windows 10. I also reset the mouse holding left and right when turning it on, but no luck.

I always tried the lagacy version of iCue, but it shows the mouse, but not the dongle, and does not find any update.

Any way I can force the update or revert the dongle and try it again? If not I will have to return the mouse.

Thank you in advance

Edited by Zephyrus87

On 11/23/2021 at 3:36 AM, Corsair Elito said:

Hi,

We can provide the firmware and instructions to resolve this issue. Please submit and PM me the ticket number. Thank you.

Hi,

one week has passed, and the only mail I received suggested to connect the dongle to my pc and remove the cable before updating, which of course is a no go for me, since, like I told, the mouse is no longer able to connect to the dongle. When I explained that again I got no respense.

I am sending the mouse back tomorrow, fortunately the are plenty of options in the mouse market.

Edited by Zephyrus87

• 1 month later...

The issue is Firmware v. 5.4.99, I have a normal DarkCore and Ironclaw which dongles have this firmware which all 3 dongles have the very same issue. Reverting the firmware on the ironclaw and its dongle allowed it to work correctly.

They need to fix the issue with the firmware and release an update. The issue is the dongle firmware itself and not the mice.

• 3 months later...

Hello, similar problems here.

I have two devices with the same problems. Wireless pairing does not work after a firmware update.

Dongle Version 5.5.112 and Mouse Version 0.6.23. The mouse update keeps on failing.

I've registered and tried to PM but I'm not allowed.

Please, could you provide firmware for my devices too?

Thank you and regards. 

@WillemDeysel if you have Dongle version 5.5.112 and Mouse Version 0.6.23 you need to update the firmware of the Mouse via USB and iCUE 4.0 as both dongle and mouse needs to be on Firmware 5.x branch in order to work.

As for my issue its still present and i have been trying to pin point the issue, I have ruled out Laptop Firmware as the issue is across systems, however removing all the devices from under human interface devices section in Device manager with the name of "HID-compliant vendor-defined device" and rebooting solved it temporary until i updated my GPU drivers, however uninstalling the GPU drivers via DDU didn't resolve the issue. So its something to do with HID drivers it would seem.

@solidus1983 I've managed to update one of the two sets and it seems to be working fine.

The other mouse is still on v. 0.6.23 and the firmware update fails regardless if I try doing it with iCUE 3.x or 4.x.

I'm starting to think something is wrong with the mouse itself or perhaps v. 0.6.23 is too old. I have to point out that this mouse was purchased only a week ago from Amazon. I think that an refund may be a good idea.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently on v.5.4.99 with my Ironclaw. Everything has been working fine. Is there any reason to update the firmware to v.5.5.112? Can't find the update log anywhere to see what's been changed or updated. or fixed. Not much of a fan with blind updates.