Corsair Community

Corsair XD7's Pump not working.

struckanerve5

Hello Everyone, I just picked up the Hydro x 5000d case and got everything hooked up. But the pump doesn't seem to be working. You here it turn on and its vibrating but its not pushing the fluid. I spent about 5 hours tilting the case and manually filling the system thinking it was just air. But i have the system almost filled from manually tilting the tower upside etc and still nothing. So today i went to micro center and picked up another one and this time i bench tested it over the sink. i plugged the two drain ports and the gpu holes Left the radiator and cpu holes open and it should be shooting water out of them. But its doing the same thing as the other. The water just sits there. I have it connected only to the molex connector to get 100% power.  What are the chances of there being a bad batch of these things?

• Corsair Employee

Hi!
Issue is in your XD7 port configuration. GPU ports should not be plugged. Please refer to the port configuration scheme found on page 4 of the XD7 quick starting guide. On figure 1, small arrows indicate the flow path through the distro unit. As a minimal configuration to get the flow, GPU inlet and radiator outlet ports should be used. For best visuals, it's recommended to utilize all ports so you will get the flow-through of all compartments of the distro unit.