Corsair Community

Why, Corsair, are you discontinuing the Fan Hub?

DevBiker

As I was helping someone with their build on the Corsair Case Owner's Club on Discord, I went to send them a link to the Corsair page for the RGB Fan LED Hub - the old school fan hub. Only to see this:

image.png.58e64d17e792e9711dc1c5c714db963d.png

What gives? This is an exceedingly bad idea and the Commander Core XT, while it is a cool device, is most certainly not a "current model" or a "replacement" for the lowly and disrespected Fan Hub.

Doing a 32 RGB Fan Build in a 1000D using the Commander Core XT and no fan hubs would require six CoCoXT's. That's compete and utter insanity; it is unmanageable, ungainly, painful to wire and even more painful to control in iCUE (especially when you can't rename devices without editing the XML anymore!!).

• Thanks 1

Not even just the 1000D, a maxed out build in the 7000 cases could include up to 12 or more fans, which would need either a commander pro and a couple of hubs, or two commander core xt's.

Such a bad move without having a proper replacement released.

Edited by Perry95

it doesn't show as discontinued for me. if i switch to french it even allows to order (in stock).

If it's getting discontinued though that would be one stupid move, a bit like forcing to get a corsair headset to enable the audio visualizer on iCUE, another push to sell more unneeded controllers, when iCUE isn't even capable of managing more than one without a daily mess

i had the site on the US setting and it was only showing as out of stock for me

15 minutes ago, LeDoyen said:

i had the site on the US setting and it was only showing as out of stock for me

I saw that briefly as well (have a screen cap too) ... was hopeful that my early Sunday morning campaign was more wildly successful than my craziest delusions of grandeur and they changed their minds within minutes of my post.

But ... alas ... not to be. It's back to discontinued on the US site.

• Sad 1

No.... No No No.. This can not be.. not at all. One Simply doesnt EOL the RGB Fan LED Hub. its needed more than ever with the Commander Core XT being a thing.

one Commander Core.. 1 RGB Fan LED Hub and 1 powered PWM repeater and that covers the 5000 and 7000 series cases rocking a comfy 10 fans.. 

of course.. this is a dream and i shall wake up all hot a sweaty and realise it is well on planet earth.

Edited by Zotty

if they end the led hub, it would be acceptable only if they totally revamped the whole connectivity ^^ like daisy chaining fans one to the other instead of running tens of cables to the back of the motherboard in an ungodly squid of RGB mess.

Otherwise : bullet in the foot

The problem seems to stem from the upgrade to the 'Lighting Node Core' from the 'Light Node Pro' +  'RGB Fan Hub' combo, which in itself isn't a bad thing if that is all you've got, but removing the RGB connector and replacing it with a USB header connection, and it seems not making the Lighting Node Core punchable on its own isn't a good decision.

It would still work with the Commander Pro and Core XT though as they can both handle a USB header pass-through, but the Core is a bit stuck, you'd have to have a spare USB 2.0 header available or add a powered header hub.

It does feel like there is a product missing now, perhaps they are going to add an internal USB hub to the mix?