Corsair Community

iCUE - Some fans stuck at ~1300 RPM

Clauus

Hey!

I recently upgraded to the 220t RGB case that includes 3x SP120 RGB Pro fans, as well as a H150i Elite Capellix cooler that includes 3x ML120 RGB fans.

All 6 of the fans are installed into the Commander Core and everything is detected by iCUE. I have access to all the lighting features and they function as intended. However, on the cooling side of things, the 3x SP120 RGB Pro fans run at a constant ~1300 RPM and there's no way to turn them down. 

I HAVE tried creating my own cooling curves in iCUE and they only affect the 3x ML120 fans. The SP120 fans remain at ~1300 RPM.

I have also set everything to Zero RPM and, again, only the ML120 fans will change to 0 RPM. The SP120 fans remain at ~1300 RPM. 

image.thumb.png.ed9b2c04ef61a96a486ded419dcec92d.png

The SP-Pro fans have a DC motor and are voltage controlled. The Commander Core is a PWM controller so it’s supplies 12v at all times. 3 pin fans will run at maximum at all times. You need to move those to the motherboard for control or change to PWM fans. 

• Like 1

The SP-PRO fans are DC-controlled (3-pin) not PWM controlled (4-pin). The Commander Core only supports PWM fans. DC fans will run at full speed.

• Like 1