Corsair Community

Icue and DDR5

robmp11

Does icue not work with corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 Ram not showing up in icue. Ver 4.17.244 thanks

LoL same mother board.

Are you guys talking about it missing as a device (so no RGB control) or not showing the timings on the dashboard?  You could try enabling SPD-Write in the BIOS. It is likely the very last setting in the Advanced Bios -> AI Tuning (or whatever it’s called on the A model) -> DRAM timing control. That should not need to be enabled for cue access, but we’ve seen that before on specific motherboard series. 

Edited by c-attack

Yep not showing up in icue but figured icue maybe need updated to cover Dddr5 or should of worked right out of the box it's corsair's ram.

• Corsair Employee
44 minutes ago, robmp11 said:

Yep not showing up in icue but figured icue maybe need updated to cover Dddr5 or should of worked right out of the box it's corsair's ram.

The DDR5 memory is supported in iCUE 4.17. Based on the motherboard you said you have the likely issue is your BIOS does not have the SPD Write option set to Enable in your motherboard BIOS as c-attack stated.

Asus DDR5 motherboards default SPD Write to disable, this causes the iCUE software to not be able to communicate with the DDR5 memory modules. You can find the SPD Write setting in the AI Tweaker > Tweakers Paradise > SPD Write, and then set to Enable.

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone - thank you for your patience on this matter and thank you for bringing it up to our support as well as ASUS' support.

If possible - can everyone here provide me what operating system you are using as well as iCUE software version? Also what type of motherboard you may be using. 

Besides updating BIOs and making sure everything else in your setup is connected and working properly - we have this update in regards to ASUS DDR5 motherboards and it follows: 

Please enable SPD Write in the BIOS if iCUE is not detecting DDR5 memory modules. Asus DDR5 motherboards defaults SPD Write to disable - this causes iCUE to be unable to communicate with DDR5 memory modules. Customers can find SPD Write setting in AI Tweaker (AI Tweaker -> Tweakers Paradise -> SPD Write Disable = False).

We are currently working with Asus to have SPD Write defaults to enable, just like how it is implemented on all of their DDR4 motherboards. This will be included in newer BIOS releases.

Let me know how this works for all of you and if there are still issues, please send a ticket to support

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Corsair Angie said:

Hey everyone - thank you for your patience on this matter and thank you for bringing it up to our support as well as ASUS' support.

If possible - can everyone here provide me what operating system you are using as well as iCUE software version? Also what type of motherboard you may be using. 

Besides updating BIOs and making sure everything else in your setup is connected and working properly - we have this update in regards to ASUS DDR5 motherboards and it follows: 

Please enable SPD Write in the BIOS if iCUE is not detecting DDR5 memory modules. Asus DDR5 motherboards defaults SPD Write to disable - this causes iCUE to be unable to communicate with DDR5 memory modules. Customers can find SPD Write setting in AI Tweaker (AI Tweaker -> Tweakers Paradise -> SPD Write Disable = False).

We are currently working with Asus to have SPD Write defaults to enable, just like how it is implemented on all of their DDR4 motherboards. This will be included in newer BIOS releases.

Let me know how this works for all of you and if there are still issues, please send a ticket to support

This fixed it for me! thank you all for the help, shame that its not defaulted to this option!

• Like 1

Also fixed here had to disable SPD write and now good thank you for your time. This was windows 11 pro but was a bios issue Corsair Angie.

Edited by robmp11

On 11/19/2021 at 1:55 PM, robmp11 said:

Also fixed here had to disable SPD write and now good thank you for your time. This was windows 11 pro but was a bios issue Corsair Angie.

Have you been having any bsod since changing this option? nothing has changed for me besides changing this setting and I've experienced quite a few today. Also for me the memory started having a fit on icue and didn't want to stick with what mode/style I changed it too. Ive reverted the SPD setting back for now and it seems my computer seems to be stable again 

No issues so far did you get the new bios for this board? (0702) this one I built for a friend I have a z690 hero but missing the ram as everyone is out.

7 hours ago, ChickenNoodleSWOUP said:

Have you been having any bsod since changing this option? nothing has changed for me besides changing this setting and I've experienced quite a few today. Also for me the memory started having a fit on icue and didn't want to stick with what mode/style I changed it too. Ive reverted the SPD setting back for now and it seems my computer seems to be stable again 

I was getting freezing and bsod but had it set to 5200 in the bios now I'm @ 4800 and no issues figure bios not ready yet or a setting is causing this.

• 6 months later...
On 11/19/2021 at 8:36 PM, Corsair Angie said:

Have you worked with Asus?

Six months passed but newer bios have SPD write protection enabled.

Isn't this something you where working on?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hey, have you worked with Asus?

• 4 months later...

Hey, same issue here, although not fixed with the SPD setting and a little different i suppose.

Spec;

Intel i9 13900K

ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero

Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 5200MHz 64GB

Windows 11 Pro

22H2, OS build 22621.900

At first the RAM would just loose connection to iCue, and I found this thread. I've changed the SPD setting in BIOS and the RAM just went dark (no RGB) as soon as iCue started up. When opening iCue the RAM shows up properly, but the only way to get the RGB to work is to go into the RAM and click on "Hardware Lighting". Not do anything within that menu, but simply being inside of the window gets the RGB to start functioning again. As soon as i select some other window inside of iCue or closing iCues window the RAM just goes black. If i leave iCue in RAM -> Hardware Lighting and then just minimise the iCue window, it works flawlessly.

Everything is up to date. Would really love to see a fix, seeing as this is a big investment and not having the things work correctly is, mildly put, a bummer.

Edited by Tampepunch
Added info