Corsair Community

Mislabelled Ram?

TGCid

I put together a machine with the help of a friend and it included 4 CMX512-3200XLPRO sticks. I peeked into the bois and used CPU-Z to see what my timmings are. Both CPU-Z and the bios say they are set at 2-3-2-6. I looked at the SPD tab in CPU-Z and it says that one of the memory modules has a part number CMX512-3200LLPRO. I took out all four sticks and took a closer look at them. All of them are labelled CMX512-3200XLPRO and there are no signs of tampering with the labels or anything. I got most of the stuff to build my machine through a friend and I paid him cash so I don't have a receipt or anything. What can I do :[pouts: ?

• Corsair Employees
If it says XLPRO, then all you have to do is to set the memory settings manually. The application will read the memory model number via SPD of the memory chips, in some occasions it will read incorrect SPD but the right model; anyways again please set the memory settings manually.

I think I spoke too soon. It was fine for basic stuff like web browsing and the like, but when I tried playing games the system blue screened and rebooted. This happened three times. Then I set the timings back to auto and the rebooting went away :[pouts: .

Archived