Corsair Community

Alternatives to missing OSD to show profile?

Deamaed

Hello Community,

Given that it appears the OSD will not be returning to Icue 4, I was hoping there were some suggestions as to what alternatives people have been using to know what profile they have switched to (if using the keyboard/mouse hotkeys) without opening Icue or clicking on the taskbar.

In my case usage, I have some profiles that have the same lighting but different buttons, or am using Wallpaper Engine.

Therefore, I can't always tell which profile I am in just by the lighting on the devices.  

This seems unfortunate, and for those with various key/button profiles, how are you determining what profile you are on?

Edited by Deamaed
Incomplete

• 1 month later...

I'm replying to my own topic, as I still am hesitant to upgrade to Icue 4 as my system general works though a few of the QOL items in Icue 4 would be nice.

I just can't use it without an OSD given my usage case (i.e. I'd like to know which profile I just changed to using the mosue/keyboard buttons).

I'm hoping there is some elegant solution to this if OSD isn't a feature being reintroduced into Icue4.

• 6 months later...

Xbox gamebar corsair widget is the alternative image.png.0a0c121da4be39a93dfdfb93263aaf79.png

Edited by llcor3ll

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 8:22 AM, llcor3ll said:

Xbox gamebar corsair widget is the alternative image.png.0a0c121da4be39a93dfdfb93263aaf79.png

Thanks for this suggestion - I am just fiddling with it now.  I still see there is no way to have it pop up if/when you change the profile, but at least its fast way to check what you are without using the mouse to get to the taskbar app.

• 9 months later...