Corsair Community

Running 16 fans (plus othe RGB goodies) in an Obsidian 1000D

I will be building my machine with 16 fans - 14 input and one output (creating positive pressure). The motherboard will be a Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme EATX AM4 Motherboard

All the fans will be the Corsair ML120/140 fans. In addition to the fans, I will be adding the CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit and using the Corsair Water Cooling H170i Elite Capellix Black AIO.

Any suggestions as to the best way to hook them up, for full control of the lighting and fans??

Fan Layout.png

Edited by JumpMaster
Spelling - my bad :(

I am in the process of planning my "Dream Machine". I am aware that this board is for trouble shooting, but I'd rather plan in such a way to avoid trouble shooting.

I will have the following:

• 6 ML 140 fans on the  H170i Elite Capellix Black AIO, in a push pull configuration
  •  10 ML 120 fans in the case.
  • RGB GPU support bracket
  • iCUE LS100 Smart Lighting Strip Expansion Kit 350mm

Any suggestions how to do this? I will be using the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme EATX AM4 Motherboard.

Cheers

Your diagram won't work.

You'll need to use the Commander Core that comes with the Capellix cooler. That will support up to 6 fans (and you can mix and match now!)

From there, the strips will connect to the Commander Pro that comes with the case. You'll also need to connect the case front panel to that same Commander Core. I'd suggest that any additional fans that you need go on the end of the front panel chain and then connect to an RGB Fan LED Hub. The ML Pro multipacks (ML Pro only, not the newer ML Elite) will come with a Lighting Node Pro and Fan Hub ... so you've got the fan hub. You won't need the LNP.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Unrelated question for you.. I am using the same viii extreme motherboard and d1000 case. How did you solve the HD audio plug for the case being a 9pin when the motherboard is an 11pin?