Corsair Community

Virtuoso audio / mic issues.

Hey guys, new to the forum and seeking some advice.
Today I took delivery of my new wireless Virtuoso (RGB) and had encountered an issue regarding the audio and mic...

Now, to begin with at first I didn't think it would have anything to do with audio or bit frequencies or ranges with the hz so had constantly either gotten audio on its own, or no audio with the microphone working and having been going back and fore with the Icue software, the audio settings to no avail I had then thought about switching the audio from 2 channel 24-bit 48000hz (Studio) to 2 channel 16-bit 48000hz (DVD), leaving the microphone as it was which seemed to have fixed the issue...

Now at the time with the microphone at 1 channel 24-bit 48000hz (Studio), and the audio itself set to 2 channel 24-bit 4800 hz (Studio) I got nothing from the microphone what so ever in the microphone test on the windows sound settings, yet when I set it to 1 channel 16-bit 48000hz it seems to work fine...

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue with the Virtuoso?

Because each time I switched to a higher rate with the microphone, it seemed to give me a warning stating that it is being used in another application and that it'd cause the microphone to stop working if I had continued applying the setting which to me seemed strange.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
On 11/17/2021 at 11:51 AM, DJSully91 said:

Hey guys, new to the forum and seeking some advice.
Today I took delivery of my new wireless Virtuoso (RGB) and had encountered an issue regarding the audio and mic...

Now, to begin with at first I didn't think it would have anything to do with audio or bit frequencies or ranges with the hz so had constantly either gotten audio on its own, or no audio with the microphone working and having been going back and fore with the Icue software, the audio settings to no avail I had then thought about switching the audio from 2 channel 24-bit 48000hz (Studio) to 2 channel 16-bit 48000hz (DVD), leaving the microphone as it was which seemed to have fixed the issue...

Now at the time with the microphone at 1 channel 24-bit 48000hz (Studio), and the audio itself set to 2 channel 24-bit 4800 hz (Studio) I got nothing from the microphone what so ever in the microphone test on the windows sound settings, yet when I set it to 1 channel 16-bit 48000hz it seems to work fine...

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue with the Virtuoso?

Because each time I switched to a higher rate with the microphone, it seemed to give me a warning stating that it is being used in another application and that it'd cause the microphone to stop working if I had continued applying the setting which to me seemed strange.

Hey DJSully91 - I'm sorry you are experiencing these issues. Are you usually running it through iCUE and if so what is the current firmware version of your VIRTUOSO headset and its USB dongle? Also just wanting to confirm - you said you purchased it recently as well?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a problem as well when the iCUe software is installed the software does not mute and un-mute my microphone. the LED changes colour but it is permanently on. however i uninstalled the iCUE software and it works fine, its a shame as i have a profile for my rgb keyboard.

my iCUE was v 4.18.209 as of this morning and the issue persists.

can you offer any advice