Corsair Community

iCUE H150i Elite LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler

Synica1

So after a long wait, I finally got my H150i Elite cooler today!  Just finished up with work a little bit ago and went to unbox this beauty... and I noticed the corner of the box had come unglued.  Thought that was kind of funny, since the shipping box from UPS arrived in pretty good shape.  Shrugged it off, thinking it didn't get enough glue or something, and continued on. 

Now, I'm not some super-builder that deals with tons of AiO's... this is actually only the second one I've purchased.  But.... aren't they normally supposed to be either square or rectangular?  Because the radiator for the one I received clearly isn't.  Photo's for your viewing enjoyment below.  I'll leave it at that, before using some words my gramma wouldn't be happy about.

H150i_rad_3.thumb.png.01ecf25278d38fccba1e3d3a75178339.pngH150i_rad_2.thumb.png.9a7f012a518205f5af4d98536be5d857.pngH150i_rad_1.thumb.png.0ecdb0817db47dfc9109f69b9cd7e76b.pngH150i_box_1.thumb.png.4d673cdf64d843ee3fe37b33ff04b1e4.png

Edited by Synica1

Yes, they should be rectangular. That doesn't look right at all. I would suggest getting an exchange. 😢

• Like 1

Thanks, I put a support ticket in right after posting.  Hopefully they’ll be able to get a replacement here by the weekend.  I’ve had good experiences with the support folks previously, and it’s currently showing as in stock, so fingers crossed!

Heck, I’d be happy with just a replacement radiator, as long as they included instructions on how to swap the pump head and ensure a proper level of liquid is present.  🤓

I don't know if you submitted it to Corsair or the retailer. Typically, when it's just purchased, the retailer is quicker on the exchange. But let's hope it goes well!

• Like 1

I submitted it to Corsair, since I purchased (pre-ordered) through the web store.

5 hours ago, Synica1 said:

Heck, I’d be happy with just a replacement radiator, as long as they included instructions on how to swap the pump head and ensure a proper level of liquid is present.  🤓

They will have to replace the entire unit, it isn't possible to replace just the radiator, or refill the loop without equipment not usually found at home.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mark_T said:

They will have to replace the entire unit, it isn't possible to replace just the radiator, or refill the loop without equipment not usually found at home.

Right on; support team got back to me this morning and the RMA's already been issued.  Replacement should ship shortly (I went with the advanced option), and I'll have the defective one to UPS by end of day.  As always, a great experience with the support folks!

The first one I ordered arrived badly damaged. The box it came in looked like it has been in a bar fight.. and lost badly.  The outer box, Corsair box, and inner packaging all had gaping holes on them to the point where you could see the radiator and other parts just by looking at the UPS package from five feet away. I RMA’d it without even opening the [rest of] the package. 

Don’t mess around with damaged items that hold liquid inside a computer a case. It’s good that you RMA’d that. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Parmenedes said:

Don’t mess around with damaged items that hold liquid inside a computer a case.

Very, very true this.

• Like 1

I just have to marvel at the amount of force it must have taken to bend the rad width-wise.  I might understand if it was bent height-wise (it is a 20 or so mm thick rad), but to bend it at what appears to be a several degree angle at the 120mm side is just outrageous.  The only thing that comes to mind is possibly ramming it into a wooden pallet from a forklift or something.