Corsair Community

Bad pump

Nasty

My system has been running well for over a month now. In the last few days, the pump has gotten intermittent. Sometimes it doesn't start at all. Most times it just barely pushes water.

I've burped the system extensively, my power connections are good, ran it from an external power source, etc. This pump is bad. I've sent 2 emails to corsair, and entered one message on their website. No response. What do you have to do to get help from these folks?

My system has been running well for over a month now. In the last few days, the pump has gotten intermittent. Sometimes it doesn't start at all. Most times it just barely pushes water.

I've burped the system extensively, my power connections are good, ran it from an external power source, etc. This pump is bad. I've sent 2 emails to corsair, and entered one message on their website. No response. What do you have to do to get help from these folks?

Im noticing more and more people with problems with their pumps, 4 now on this forum. ive been told that they are very reliable.(assuming you have the "cool" swiftech pump.

I eventually decided to buy a new one as it was quicker and easier than returning it, especially living in the uk.

I had the same problems as you, and even now with my new pump, im allways worried about it starting up, have to keep a constant eye on it.

Maybe they will examine this problem soon, maybe iits just a few in a batch or something.

Ive been told a few bad pumps isnt a major problem, but as it appears to be the same kind of problem each time it is a bit worrying.

The pump only requires 0.9a to run so power issues shouldnt be a problem??

I would try and return it and get a replacement. It seems that getting hold of the right people is tricky.

anyway good luck

PeteB

4 is far from a problem. Keep in mind this forum IS for RMAs. You're not going to see many thumbs up posts.

My second pump failed to start up this morning

It has became intermittent the same as before.

Had to power down sharpish..

Have now binned my water cooling kit and gone back to my heatsink and fan.

PeteB

The failures aren't so much of a problem for me. I've had 2 with this kit:

- a leaky CPU block

- a bad pump

The problem for me is the horrendous service. For my CPU block I got a reply from Corsair something like "why are you contacting us? return it to where you bought it from." With the pump I've gotten NOTHING after 3 emails.

You may be reading into their responses a bit. They recommend going to the reseller first because they may be able to replace it quicker, but I've never seen Corsair refuse an RMA, unless someone blew up their memory or something :) I'll notify Cool Guy about this thread for you.

PeteB:

The pump you bought by itself died?

Archived