Corsair Community

Visor Effect not working right with Radeon Plugin

Fuzzybat23

The effect worked perfectly the other day.  Just a few moments ago, I noticed the rgb on my radeon looked like it was just flashing.  The visor effect changed direction, instead of running the length of the video card, it now runs the shortest distance.  The toggles to change the direction of the effect are also gone from the Visor tab.  I'm really hoping that someone screwed up the last patch and it isn't my card that's causing this ;D

Screenshot_2.png

• Corsair Employees

Make sure your Armoury Crate software and all of its components are updated.

12 hours ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Make sure your Armoury Crate software and all of its components are updated.

I am having a similar issue, though the flashing is happening with Corsair LED strips which are connected to the 12v aRGB header on my Dark Hero. I mention it in this thread, along with other issues with the latest iCUE (I have to load both iCUE  and select "hardware lighting" to get my effects back after power on/wake up/reboot, and now it is happening with my Asus products and I have to load up Armoury Crate to get my settings back.)

• Corsair Employees
8 hours ago, Quietus said:

I am having a similar issue, though the flashing is happening with Corsair LED strips which are connected to the 12v aRGB header on my Dark Hero. I mention it in this thread, along with other issues with the latest iCUE (I have to load both iCUE  and select "hardware lighting" to get my effects back after power on/wake up/reboot, and now it is happening with my Asus products and I have to load up Armoury Crate to get my settings back.)

Our RGB strips are not compatible with motherboard RGB headers and if you plugged them into a 12v RGB header on your motherboard you also likely damaged the LEDs as they run on 5V. As for issues with your Asus hardware and its software you will need to contact Asus for help.

On 11/16/2021 at 3:55 PM, Corsair Notepad said:

Our RGB strips are not compatible with motherboard RGB headers and if you plugged them into a 12v RGB header on your motherboard you also likely damaged the LEDs as they run on 5V. As for issues with your Asus hardware and its software you will need to contact Asus for help.

Ah, then I have no idea where I got these strips, as it was back in 2018. They read 12v on them.  I don;t know what happened, but rebooting today had the settings where they are supposed to be in ICUE.