Corsair Community

Corsair fans, pump icue issues

wwjdcgh

PLEASE HELP.

So my problem started with fan number 5 not responding to the change in speed, Then all of a sudden my xds rgb pump stopped with no reason at all, good thing I have an alrm that goes off when the flow slows down, it was reading 0 flow. 

Before the pump stopped, I was advised tpo repair the icue which I did after rebooting pc when the pump stopped, rebooting pc got the pump running again.

So repaired software, no change in number 5 fan, did update that was available, still no change, did repair again now none of the fans are responsive to change in speeds.

So this is what I have:

8 ML 120 pro rgb fans

1 XDS RGB PUMP

Corsair Hydro x XC7 RGB CPU cooler water block

2 lighting node pro

1 RGB LED fan hub

1 commander pro

all fans , cpu cooler and pump are ran through the corsair hardware.

the other specs are:

Corsair Crystal Series 680X RGB CC-9011168-WW Black Steel / Plastic High Airflow Tempered Glass ATX Smart Case

ASUS AMD AM4 ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, WiFi 6, 2.5Gbps LAN, Dual M.2, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 ...

Asus tuf 6800xt gpu

EK water block for gpu

CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-28800) C16 1.35V AMD Optimized Memory- Black

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Ryzen 9 5000 Series Vermeer (Zen 3) 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W Desktop Processor - ...

WD Black 10TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD101FZBX

SAMSUNG 870 EVO 4TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)

2X SAMSUNG (MZ-V8V1T0B/AM) 980 SSD 1TB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology

Corsair K63 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard & Gaming Lapboard Combo - Game Comfortably on Your Couch - Backlit Blue Led, Cherry MX Red 

CorsairDARK PRO SE MOUSE RGB

Help is appreciated.

In the Commander Pro settings, make sure the pump is manually set to "4 pin" and not auto.  There is no 12v line for it to detect.  Sometimes this gets reset.  If you have all PWM fans (the ML), you can set all the fan headers to 4 pin so it won't do the 12v 100% start up blast at power on.

Be careful of using additional monitoring software that polls the same internal Corsair devices as CUE.  HWiNFO and AIDA are common examples.  They get entangled and loss of fan control is a definitely possibility.  Usually you get garbage data in both programs as well.  These can be used at the same time, but you must set the other program not to monitor any Corsair internal device like your Commander Pro.  

Edited by c-attack

Then I would contact Corsair Support. You’ve covered all the common issues and remedies. If the Commander has developed a problem, you’ll need them to replace it. If things go that way, make sure you export all your profiles prior to installing the new Commander. CUE will treat it like you installed a 2nd controller and as a blank slate rather than a swap. You’ll need to re-import all your profiles to to reapply Lighting and Settings.