Corsair Community

Experience from Corsair One owner with either 3080 or 3080 Ti?

Bill Lumbergh

Hello everyone,

I’m new in this forum and have no previous experience from a Corsair One but is now planning to buy one.

I’m thinking of buying an a200 with a 5900 plus regular 3080. However, I’m also interested in the 3080 Ti but is a bit afraid that it might get too hot and either throttle or become much louder. I would really appreciate if anyone here that have tested or purchased an a200 or i200 could write some words about their experience.

Are you generally happy with your purchase? (On forums like this you usually only hear from customers that have experienced problems)

Can the small chassis handle the 3080 Ti?

Any difference in heat and fan noice if you choose the Intel or AMD version?

I read there were some issue with iCue and fan control after a Windows update this autumn. Has it affected all systems and has it been solved by Corsair?

Thankful for all help you can give me in my purchase decision!

I bought an A200 with 5950x and 3080 Ti about 2 months ago. For my intended uses, it is a good computer. But let me share what I have found about it. Note that I am not a gamer. I needed a quiet computer who good CUDA processing power. That is the reason I bought it.

In my system, the heat problem is with the CPU, not GPU. From my estimation, Corsair has reduced about 15% of the CPU power to keep it from crashing. Even with that, the SSD is very warm when the CPU is stressed. So if you want a computer that needs CPU power and disk I/O, this is not the computer.

iCUE works well on my unit. I run 2021H1 Windows 10. No problem with iCUE at all.

Let me know if you have specific questions. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, dvs98 said:

Well I bought the CORSAIR ONE i200 LE Compact Gaming PC, i9-11900K, Liquid-Cooled RTX 3080 Ti September 25th this year. Was amazing until yesterday when it decided to stop sending signal to my monitor. Now it's not so amazing buti have XP cares for it just didn't expect to need 3 months in and talk about great Christmas present my $4500 PC broke 

What happened to it?

Not sure yet. Thought maybe over heating but ive managed to get it running for 15 to 20 min and all looks good then poof no hdmi signal. Have to unplug it let sit awhile then plug back in and sometimes it will work for a few minutes. 

I also bought my Corsair One Pro A200 in September this year. It has AMD 5950x and 3080Ti. I have been keeping an eye on the temperature of various components. I increased the baseline fan speed to keep it under control. So far, it works well. (knock on wood)

Have you benchmarked your computer? For example, geekbench 5's single core, mutli-core, CUDA, OpenCL?

On my computer, I find the GPU performance is on par with other 3080 Ti scores. The single-core performance is also on-par. But the multi-core performance is cut by about 15%. Its score is similar to 5900x level. I think Corsair probably did something in the BIOS to reduce the CPU power so that it won't run too hot in a small box like this.

I haven't ran any benchmarks. I bought the thing in disgust really as I couldn't find a new GPU for my rig that I built. So I said screw it I'll buy pre-built and give up on my pc building for awhile and let someone else deal with all the various issues that pop up. Just never thought 3 months lmao. My wife's old 980ti died so I gave her my GPU then poof shortages. Mine has custom loop I made and everything is sad =( 

4 hours ago, dvs98 said:

I haven't ran any benchmarks. I bought the thing in disgust really as I couldn't find a new GPU for my rig that I built. So I said screw it I'll buy pre-built and give up on my pc building for awhile and let someone else deal with all the various issues that pop up. Just never thought 3 months lmao. My wife's old 980ti died so I gave her my GPU then poof shortages. Mine has custom loop I made and everything is sad =( 

So I got it running for about 30m today andransome stress tests on GPU. Highest temp hit was 66c which is pretty good then video dropped out as usual. I'm kind of impressed with temp really and surely it's not a heat issue

The cooling for GPU is quite good. The issue is with CPU and other components (such as SSD, etc.) Take Samsung SSD as an example. The max operating temperature is 70C according to Samsung's website. When the coolant gets warm, the top fan will suck the heat into the box. Check out the BSOD thread.