Corsair Community

Can I use different profiles at the same time? 1 for CoPro and 1 for LNP?

Titan777

Hi guys,

Is it possible to use one profile for the Commander Pro and in the same time using a different profile for the Lighting Node Pro?

Also is it possible to use the same profile for both devices together at once?

Thanks!

A profile applies to each device at the same time.  You cannot remove devices from it, but they do not need to have active lighting and can be set independently. 

What are you trying to do?

On 11/11/2021 at 1:14 PM, c-attack said:

A profile applies to each device at the same time.  You cannot remove devices from it, but they do not need to have active lighting and can be set independently. 

What are you trying to do?

Hi,

I'm trying to do something like this:

But I want to use Corsair LED strips since all my PC is Corsair and would be easy to control and have a lot of profile options.

My main issue is that the aquarium will need about 6m length of extensions to reach the PC.

Or if you have any other solution for this, since the LED extensions are too expensive, is there another way to connect the LNP via cheaper extensions (USB, SATA, etc..).

I currently have a Commander Pro but all the LED channels are full. The USB ports are empty though.

I wonder why Corsair didn't do a WiFi hub or something to control lighting far from the PC.

So you can't split the devices into two different profiles, but you can run different effects for each.  There are a wide variety of circumstances where one method may be preferrable, but for the moment let's assume you use 1 main PC lighting profile but want multiple options for the tank.  Within Profile A (your main PC profile), you would create multiple different lighting effects within the Lighting Node Pro channel.  Turn all but 1 off.  The active one will display and to change you simply open CUE to the LNP and activate another and click the prior to deactivate it.

If you use multiple PC lighting profiles and change often, the best thing to do might be the same as above but copy them to the Lighting Library as well.  This will let you copy them into multiple profiles as the need arises.  

2 hours ago, c-attack said:

So you can't split the devices into two different profiles, but you can run different effects for each.  There are a wide variety of circumstances where one method may be preferrable, but for the moment let's assume you use 1 main PC lighting profile but want multiple options for the tank.  Within Profile A (your main PC profile), you would create multiple different lighting effects within the Lighting Node Pro channel.  Turn all but 1 off.  The active one will display and to change you simply open CUE to the LNP and activate another and click the prior to deactivate it.

If you use multiple PC lighting profiles and change often, the best thing to do might be the same as above but copy them to the Lighting Library as well.  This will let you copy them into multiple profiles as the need arises.  

Thanks!

What is the best way to connect the LED Strips + LNP to my PC? The aquarium is about 3 meters behind my PC.

Not sure if I should make a custom RGB extension cable and if it will work properly (will need about 6m from aquarium to floor and back up to desk+PC case).

Any ideas will help!

You likely will need to make a custom cable at that length.  That probably is not a commonly available length, but you could inquire with one of the 3rd parties that make extensions specifically for the Corsair controllers.  I am not the external LED strip guy, but there are others here who do work with this more and may have suggestions.