Corsair Community

LGA 1700 Retrofit Kit, does it even exist?

Wolfof365

Good morning,

I have recently ordered a 12700k and a new motherboard for it that only has the LGA 1700 mounting holes. I was pleased to see that Corsair was offering a bracket kit updated for LGA 1700 CPUs, but quickly realized they were out of stock…all the time. I have not once seen them in stock since they supposedly released, and even with the notifications turned on for when they are back in stock, I have little confidence I will be able to get one if they are already so limited in availability. Even when checking the retrofit screws, I noticed it would take 2-3 weeks to ship!

What is the status on the elite mounting kits, part CW-8960093? And why is Corsair the only AIO provider who does not have these readily available for their customers to buy and upgrade with?

• Corsair Employees
On 11/10/2021 at 4:57 AM, Wolfof365 said:

Good morning,

I have recently ordered a 12700k and a new motherboard for it that only has the LGA 1700 mounting holes. I was pleased to see that Corsair was offering a bracket kit updated for LGA 1700 CPUs, but quickly realized they were out of stock…all the time. I have not once seen them in stock since they supposedly released, and even with the notifications turned on for when they are back in stock, I have little confidence I will be able to get one if they are already so limited in availability. Even when checking the retrofit screws, I noticed it would take 2-3 weeks to ship!

What is the status on the elite mounting kits, part CW-8960093? And why is Corsair the only AIO provider who does not have these readily available for their customers to buy and upgrade with?

If you already have the cooler and haven't thrown away your Intel brackets/backplate that came with it, you only need CW-8960091. There's no new "brackets" only a new standoff to enable support for 1700. 

We just shipped all of the pre-orders on that part this week, despite it reading 2-3 weeks on the ETD. It should be in regular stock and ship immediately shortly. CW-8960093 will stock in sometime next week but at lower volumes since it's really only for people that have tossed or lost their Intel brackets that came with their cooler. 

3 hours ago, shocksim said:

If you already have the cooler and haven't thrown away your Intel brackets/backplate that came with it, you only need CW-8960091. There's no new "brackets" only a new standoff to enable support for 1700. 

We just shipped all of the pre-orders on that part this week, despite it reading 2-3 weeks on the ETD. It should be in regular stock and ship immediately shortly. CW-8960093 will stock in sometime next week but at lower volumes since it's really only for people that have tossed or lost their Intel brackets that came with their cooler. 

........or for people who want that nice new more secure and easy to mount 4 mounting Point AM4 bracket......with no centre position Thumbnuts that strains our Elite LCD module cables...

On 11/12/2021 at 12:22 PM, shocksim said:

The issue is Asus drilled for the LGA1200 and LGA1700 so the retrofit standoffs work for that because they can use their existing LGA1200 holes, if you have a Gigabyte or other brand that only drilled for LGA1700 the standoffs don't help and the only AIO with 1700 out of the box is the super expensive Elite LCD coolers.

I have a board drilled only for LGA1700 and don't care for the LCD so at this point if CW-8960093 (Elite Series Retention Kit) does come in stock I will have to go with another brand that has brackets for an LGA1700.

On 11/12/2021 at 5:22 PM, shocksim said:

I ordered mine on Sat 6th, does that mean I can expect to receive mine this week some time?

15 hours ago, Terry32 said:

The issue is Asus drilled for the LGA1200 and LGA1700 so the retrofit standoffs work for that because they can use their existing LGA1200 holes, if you have a Gigabyte or other brand that only drilled for LGA1700 the standoffs don't help and the only AIO with 1700 out of the box is the super expensive Elite LCD coolers.

I have a board drilled only for LGA1700 and don't care for the LCD so at this point if CW-8960093 (Elite Series Retention Kit) does come in stock I will have to go with another brand that has brackets for an LGA1700.

I bought a iCUE H115i RGB PRO XT and the bracket works on my MSI motherboard with only the LGA1700 holes.  The posts on the back plate are adjustable, they can be moved in or out to suit the holes on the board and fitted fine on my MSI.  I'm guessing my particular example of the H115i predates even LGA1200 as there's no mention of that in the instructions.

Edited by sparc77

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2021 at 11:22 PM, Terry32 said:

Has anyone successfully used the spacers for LGA1200 socket with an ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4, i9 12900KF (LGA1700) and an H150i?