Corsair Community

Help to connect 10 RGB fans

Hey,

I bought recently Corsair 5000D airflow case with 10 Ml120 elite RGB fans. I also have this new Corsair Capellix elite aio 360mm that comes with this commander core xt. Those fans comes with lightning node and i also bought one commander pro.

Now the real question i need help with is that how do i connect and control all of those 10 fans in icue? I know that commander core xt can have 6 fans control and 6 rgb controlling, alright. Now i have 6 fans controlled.

I still have 4 fans spare. How do i connect those 4 fans with rest of this system so i can see and control all of those 10 fans in one at icue? I dont want to connect any fan power cables into the mobo because i want to be able to controll all of my fans in icue. 

I hope someone could explain me one by one how to connect smoothly and safely. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Either:  RGB+PWM splitter cables so you're controlling more than one fan from a single header, OR, get yourself more controllers, i.e. another core commander XT, or Commander Pro, etc.

I have 10 QL120s in my 1000D.  To run that I have the Commander Pro that came with the case, plus a Commander Core XT (plus a couple other RGB controllers for the various extra bits that complicate my system, but that's beyond your question).

You can quickly run out of internal USB headers to drive those.  Don't fear, you can get an internal USB hub to connect everything to, i.e. NZXT makes a couple of versions, so do others.

Hey Zone!

I have been doing some research and some people suggest using only commander pro, and some says that i should use y splitters to connect 2 fans into one port, some says this and that etc it gets quickly very confusing.

Im surprised that corsair hasn't made any clear/simple solutions for this as they have multiple cases that can support more than 6 fans. 

My only cornern is just that i want to be able to control all 10 fans invidually in icue so i want that configuration that everything shows up in icue. I want the most simplistic and simplest cable management configuration so i was planning doing this: (correct me if its wrong or you have better idea, or it wont work)

-If i use only Commander pro and i connect all 10 fans to it by using some y-splitters and then i have 2 lightning nodes that i can connect those 10 fans to those and then i just simply connect those lightning nodes to commander pro as it has 2 led ports. I know that it also has 2 usb headers so would it work if i just connect that aio usb header to commander pro and then i just connect commander pro to motherboard? Im imagining this the most easiest and probably cleaniest way to do.

So, does it work if i use y splitters that it still shows in icue as 2 separate fans that i can control? For example, if you connect 2 fans to motherboard header usually they act in bios as one single fan. 

This way i wouldnt need to buy any usb hubs or more controllers right?

Thank you! 🙂

-Paul

Several of Corsair's larger cases come with a powered PWM hub.

As a general rule, you can put up to about 10 fans on a single Commander Pro without an issue using splitters - especially PWM fans. If you want to control more fans, you'll need a powered PWM hub. This will let you control many (like 6-10, depending on the hub) from a single Commander Pro fan port.

All fans on a single port are controlled as a single unit. Only one will report the speed. So ideally, you want them to match.

Hey,

Yeah im aware of that Corsair 5000d comes with that pwm hub. 

Do you mean that i should connect 6 fans to that pwm hub that ships with the case, and connect rest 4 fans to commander pro and that pwm hub i can connect to commander pro? 

This is my first rgb build that has more than 6 fans so its confusing. Im used to that i had before just 6 fans so it was simple. Just connect all 6 fans to commander pro and vola. 

So i need atleast two rgb hubs to connect rgb from fans so im guessing commander pro has no issue dealing those? As it has two led ports. Should i leave commander core xt completely out that ships with the aio package? 

Thanks.

-Paul

I mean, if possible could you provide me any simple guide that how i wire up and hook up everything in order? Where i plug pwm cables, rgb etc, how i connect hubs and where etc so its the most easiest way to me. Im just confused that so many kits comes with so many different hubs that do i have to use everything separately or not? 

Thanls.

-Paul

• 3 months later...

I have an H150i Elite in a MetallicGear Neo Qube (O11 rip off). In there, I have 9 fans. 

Commander Core XT from the AIO needs to be used. That holds 6 power and RGB. I have 3 of the power ports split, totaling 9 power plugs, 6 fans in the Core, and an RGB hub controlling the 3 remaining fans. It's a wiring mess but ... that's what you have to do if you wish to control your RGB separately. As per PWM, that's where it gets tricky. If you want to control each fan 1 by 1, you NEED to give them their own dedicated port. Meaning you'll need to use a 2nd commander instead. 

Holy Necro Thread, but I too needed to know this and thought I'd share

1024156317_corsaiercase.png.42bd2b6e81ca5eb311cd44a7d0061624.png

Edited by Duffy705