Corsair Community

K70 TKL CHAMPION SERIES not working/functioning after restart/shutdown

I just received my k70 yesterday and i tested it just for like 10 mins to see if everything works and everything was fine but today i turn on my PC and i see that while the windows is booting the lights are not turning on and the keyboard was nonfunctional so i unplug the USB cable from the keyboard and i plug it back and the keyboard lights turn on and everything works well. This is the only way to make the keyboard working, it does not work after i restart or shut down the PC and when i uninstall the driver and removing the device , after i click on "search for hardware changes" instead of updating and fix it i get the error " usb device not recognized the last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned" , i cant even enter the bios since its nonfunctional, the only way is to wait until the windows is booting and unplug it and plug it back.

I already tried to fix it by myself looking on internet for different methods , i updated the firmware to the last version trough icue 4, i tried restarting the keyboard (unplug , press ESC while connecting back to pc and hold for 5 secs, then release) , i tried to uninstall every single driver starting with keyboard driver and ending with bus controller drivers, i tried switching from usb 3 to 2 , i tried all the usb ports in my pc , i updated all the drivers with driver booster to be sure there is nothing outdated and finally after none of this worked , i reinstalled my windows and all these was in vane because the problem is still here and i dont know what else to do.

My first keyboard has a space problem not pressing all the time so i had to RMA , i received this instead, i kind of start to regret the day i choose to buy this keyboard.

I attached a video to show you my problem.

https://streamable.com/vvqnhc

Edited by dumialex
forgot to mention that i updated the firmware

• Corsair Employees

Hi Dumialex,

If you run into an issue where the keyboard does not work for several seconds after you boot Windows, you can try disabling the USB selective suspend setting to prevent Windows from powering down any connected USB devices.

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box.
Type powercfg.cpl and press Enter.
When the Power Options window appears, click Change plan settings.
usb_selective_suspend_setting_-_change_plan_settings.jpg

Click Change advanced power settings.
usb_selective_suspend_setting_-_change_advanced_power_settings.jpg

Expand USB settings.
Expand USB selective suspend settings.
Set the dropdown menu to Disabled.
usb_selective_suspend_setting_-_setting_disabled.jpg

I did what you suggested , still the problem persists. 

The problem does not consist in few seconds , the keyboard dosent function at all , i can only use my mouse ,  i have tried everything that i found on internet to fix this problem , things i did until now :

1.Restart the keyboard

2.Remove the usb devices and reinstall them , updating the usb devices 

3.Updating the keyboard firmware through ICUE 4 with the last firmware version

4.Trying all the usb hubs

5.Disable fast windows boot 

6.Disable  USB selective suspend setting 

7.Updating the bios to the last version

8.And finally reinstaling the windows 10

Nothing worked , the only way to make the keyboard work is to unplug the USB cable and plug it back. So everytime i open the computer i have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back to computer otherwise the keyboard is dead, not glowing , not reconized by the computer.

Today i should have done a hard reset with the software that the Corsair assistent provided to me but when i try to open the firmware which the corsair support assistent sent me i get a message with "you selected the invalid firmware file"

I attached a photo which i made with my phone since the keyboard dosent work if i wont plug out the cable and plug it back and there you can see that i right clicked on the start menu and choosed device manager and thats the error i get , there is the problem. If i unplug the cable and plug it back the error wil dissapear and the keyboard will work just fine.

Also i attached a photo with the firmware invalid error which the corsair assistent provided to me via email for a hard reset. The name of the zip file is  "APP_K70_RGB_TKL - FW 1.3.19" and i uploaded it here https://easyupload.io/1u2y3r .

Also i will post a link with a video where i present the issue as it is : https://streamable.com/1nueer

I try to do everything i can to solve this because i feel there is something small and insignificant since the keyboard works just fine after unplug and plug it back ,maybe some corrupt file, setup , driver or maybe could be incompaitibility with my motherboard? i have a h77 pro4/mvp motherboard ,i really  dont know but i know one thing , this is a RMA keyboard since the space bar started to stop working so i waited 3 weeks not being able to use my PC and using the notebook instead just to wait another problematic keyboard.

unknown usb device.jpg

invalid firmware.png

• Corsair Employees

I did what you suggested , still the problem persists. 

The problem does not consist in few seconds , the keyboard dosent function at all , i can only use my mouse ,  i have tried everything that i found on internet to fix this problem , things i did until now :

1.Restart the keyboard

2.Remove the usb devices and reinstall them , updating the usb devices 

3.Updating the keyboard firmware through ICUE 4 with the last firmware version

4.Trying all the usb hubs

5.Disable fast windows boot 

6.Disable  USB selective suspend setting 

7.Updating the bios to the last version

8.And finally reinstaling the windows 10

Nothing worked , the only way to make the keyboard work is to unplug the USB cable and plug it back. So everytime i open the computer i have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back to computer otherwise the keyboard is dead, not glowing , not reconized by the computer.

Today i should have done a hard reset with the software that the Corsair assistent provided to me but when i try to open the firmware which the corsair support assistent sent me i get a message with "you selected the invalid firmware file"

I attached a photo which i made with my phone since the keyboard dosent work if i wont plug out the cable and plug it back and there you can see that i right clicked on the start menu and choosed device manager and thats the error i get , there is the problem. If i unplug the cable and plug it back the error wil dissapear and the keyboard will work just fine.

Also i attached a photo with the firmware invalid error which the corsair assistent provided to me via email for a hard reset. The name of the zip file is  "APP_K70_RGB_TKL - FW 1.3.19" and i uploaded it here https://easyupload.io/1u2y3r .

Also i will post a link with a video where i present the issue as it is : https://streamable.com/1nueer

I try to do everything i can to solve this because i feel there is something small and insignificant since the keyboard works just fine after unplug and plug it back ,maybe some corrupt file, setup , driver or maybe could be incompaitibility with my motherboard? i have a h77 pro4/mvp motherboard ,i really  dont know but i know one thing , this is a RMA keyboard since the space bar started to stop working so i waited 3 weeks not being able to use my PC and using the notebook instead just to wait another problematic keyboard.

unknown usb device.jpg

invalid firmware.png

This looks like it is going to be a more complex issue that is best addressed by our Technical Support team. I have created a ticket on your behalf -- please keep an eye on your email for a response from the support team soon.

Thank you.