Corsair Community

LCD upgrade kit LED ring not working

Once in a while the LEDs light up but it's not long before they are unresponsive and then most of the time they just don't work at all.  No matter the settings in ICUE or if I close and use hardware lighting.  I have tried a clean uninstall and reinstall of icue as well.  Any ideas?  Defective?

20211106_170427.jpg

20211106_170514.jpg

So this in the photo is on the stock watercolor linked setting.  I did import a couple old ones and also created some new ones.  I tried doing a forced restart on the capellix and the pump both.  Still not working.  Screen works fine though.  

4.17 now

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees

Have you guys tried forcing a firmware update via the vertical "..." that populates after checking for update?

It may also be worth reseating all connections for the ELITE LCD and its Commander CORE. If you are using the USB header splitter, then I would try without to see if the issue is alleviated.

Have tried all of that.  You guys sent me a new commander core even and still nothing.  Ive unistalled Armory Crate to see if that was causing it.  Ive sent in System info files using the elgato system check and ICUE files.  They just had me send in more but it sounds like Im gonna end up having to RMA the lcd kit.

• 3 weeks later...

My upgrade kit was working great and I was able to do screen setup.  However the next day I got the ! error -did a restart and display shows liquid temp but I am not able to change the display now.  Also the screen setup as disappeared and I have no ability.   I have the latest firmware and upgraded my i150

• 4 months later...

i have similar issue with the outer ring!  It was acting normal and all of a sudden it starts showing random colors and flicking!  Corsair, you guys need to fix all the issue with this lcd upgrade kit.  This is a great product, but you need to fix all the bugs!  It is very annoying to see a nice product not working properly!

Totally agry with you...

That is a kind of a joke... Since we all have some issues with this LCD Model.

I have for example no ring at all. After i have updated my ICUE on 26.04.

Now they did that 1.77 Firmware, but i dont have any LCD in my ICUE and when i press update button,

my ICUE just crashes.... Whatever i did and tried, nothing worked. All of solutions i found here arent working for my issue.

I have no idea what i need to do morewith my PC to make this 290€ working. That is just crazy. That is the most expensive selfheadache i bought.

I really want Corsair to manage this issue officially and in proper way wiht may be some Instructions or suggestions written in some of treads on this Forum.

Because i feel us just forgotten and tricked off.

33 minutes ago, V01N.666 said:

Totally agry with you...

That is a kind of a joke... Since we all have some issues with this LCD Model.

I have for example no ring at all. After i have updated my ICUE on 26.04.

Now they did that 1.77 Firmware, but i dont have any LCD in my ICUE and when i press update button,

my ICUE just crashes.... Whatever i did and tried, nothing worked. All of solutions i found here arent working for my issue.

I have no idea what i need to do morewith my PC to make this 290€ working. That is just crazy. That is the most expensive selfheadache i bought.

I really want Corsair to manage this issue officially and in proper way wiht may be some Instructions or suggestions written in some of treads on this Forum.

Because i feel us just forgotten and tricked off.

I was exciting about the kit and yet the excitement only last for 10 mins!  Corsair, please fix the issue!!!

On 11/30/2021 at 12:57 PM, Corsair Albert said:

Have you guys tried forcing a firmware update via the vertical "..." that populates after checking for update?

It may also be worth reseating all connections for the ELITE LCD and its Commander CORE. If you are using the USB header splitter, then I would try without to see if the issue is alleviated.

I tried everyting in the thread, but nothing worked.   the ring just not working at all, just showing random colors and flicks.  Please help to solve the issue.  Thank you!

• Corsair Employees

Sorry to hear some of you are experiencing this issue. I suggest performing a clean installation of iCUE. Before performing the clean installation process, I recommend exporting your iCUE profiles.

If this does not help remedy your issue, please open a ticket with our support here - they will take care of you and provide additional troubleshooting.